• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract review on existing contract for April 2020 changes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Just my thoughts on this, I may well be wrong!
    I see what you're saying. The way I read it, the bit you quote above about passing on the determination ("You must pass on your determination on the date, or before the date, the contract is entered into") is exactly that, just when the determination needs to be passed on.

But, I read this bit as the client having a responsibility for a determination for all workers at at 6/4/2020, not just new contracts on or after that date.

You will be responsible for deciding the employment status of workers. You’ll need to:

- decide the employment status of a worker - you must do this for every contract you agree with an agency or worker
    I believe the ambiguity is around the "...for every contract you agree with an agency or worker". Is that a forward looking statement only (ie, contracts entered into on/after 6/4/2020) or does it include any contract in force at that date.

The reason I think the latter is the case is that people more learned than I on this board have reviewed the actual (draft) legislation and posted here that in-flight contracts would fall into scope as of the start of the new tax year.

Just my thoughts on this, I may well be wrong!
    Last edited by Paralytic; 8 October 2019, 10:54.

Comment

Working...
    X