• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying HMRC with Credit Card

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying HMRC with Credit Card

*snip*

issue resolved
    Last edited by Greenjuicesmoothie; 30 January 2020, 14:45.

Billhop or something similar ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Greenjuicesmoothie View Post
      Hi,

I've just gone permie and I have an outstanding VAT and Corp tax bill that I need to pay.

As I've been on the bench for quite a long time I can't afford to pay it from any personal savings.

I would pay by business debit card but I don't have the funds to make a payment that way.

My original plan was to pay the the HMRC with my personal credit card and then pay my personal credit card off in full within 6 months.

However HMRC don't accept personal credit card payments.

If anyone has been in this situation, How did you resolve it?

Thanks
      How big are these bills?
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

*snip*

issue resolved
        Bah....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

*snip*

issue resolved
          A one-way ticket to Panama?
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Billhop or something similar ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            Billhop any good? I had a look at that but wasn’t entirely convinced I should trust it.

Comment

If anyone want to use a credit card there’s a way to get around this besides billhop.

Curve - Beyond Banking App & Card

It’s a MasterCard debit card which aggregates multiple cards (can be debit or credit cards) into one card.

I used curve card on this self assessment.
              Payment system thinks it’s a debit card but actually the money is taking from my linked credit card behind.

And on why would I want to go through this hassle of using a credit card for payment it’s because I want to collect reward points that comes with my hsbc credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishLad88 View Post
                If anyone want to use a credit card there’s a way to get around this besides billhop.

Curve - Beyond Banking App & Card

It’s a MasterCard debit card which aggregates multiple cards (can be debit or credit cards) into one card.

I used curve card on this self assessment.
                Payment system thinks it’s a debit card but actually the money is taking from my linked credit card behind.

And on why would I want to go through this hassle of using a credit card for payment it’s because I want to collect reward points that comes with my hsbc credit card.
                Curve have introduced a 1.5% fee for paying HMRC with a Credit Card, but otherwise spot on

(use this link and we both get a fiver)

https://www.curve.app/join#EKGV4YMN
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishLad88 View Post
                  Billhop any good? I had a look at that but wasn’t entirely convinced I should trust it.
                  I've used it, it's good..need to schedule it a little in advance if you have a specific payment deadline.

Expensive though. It's an option of last resort as there are cheaper ways.

Comment

Working...
                  X