• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYE Calculator (Gross Tax so far/Tax Code/Pension) ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spreadsheet

Hey mate I am trying to do the exact same thing but cannot find a spreadsheet to do it. Tried to create my own but can’t get it to work correctly.

The online calculators are too basic and do not take into account individual circumstances. Would be grateful if you could share either the file or even just the formulas you use to get from Gross headline rate to the actual adjusted gross (after employers Ni and Umbrella margin).

Originally posted by andydd68 View Post
    No..I dont want software that will do my tax return.....I didnt say that, nor am I interested in Dividend calculations (anymore).

I'm here because like many Ive been forced into using an umbrella instead of my Ltd Company, and just wish to check what my take home pay will be, previously I'd use the payroll feature within Freeagent.

The tax code isnt an issue as nearly every calculator already has that feature, thats why I didnt list it above.

Ive only just joined this forum and asked a simple question but some of the answers have been somewhat patronising imo

I ended up creating a spreadsheet that seems to do the job, it will calculate the take home pay for an umbrella employee (i.e assuming that you have to pay the Employer NI), you can type in previous pay, tax code, umbrella margin, expenses and pension (using salary sacrifice) method, anyone wants a copy feel free to drop me a line.

Comment

Working...
    X