• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Restrictive covenant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
    How would they prove that though? That's what is unclear to me.
    just try thinking about that for a few seconds and you'll realise how dumb a question it is.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      The agency were always going to get their cut. The differnce is whether they got 13% for someone that they, or their representative found, or 5% for someone the client found.
      This - the rates may change but the principle stays the same.

Whilst I said they get a body in for doing naff all, I forgot that some agencies will charge a different rate if they have to do something other than pass payments about.

Comment

just try thinking about that for a few seconds and you'll realise how dumb a question it is.
        I don't realise that's the point. If the client wasn't looking for anybody and the recommended person in question was never going to go through an agency then without the recommendation nothing would have happened. Where does the loss come from from the agency perspective?

Comment

Which one?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I don't realise that's the point. If the client wasn't looking for anybody and the recommended person in question was never going to go through an agency then without the recommendation nothing would have happened. Where does the loss come from from the agency perspective?
            Because you made the client realise they needed someone. So their status changed from "no vacancies" to "vacancies". The client may have a contract with the agency for some exclusivity over using them for certain types of resourcing - have you seen the contract between the client and agency? Are you 100% certain that the person you've introduced is going direct to the client and not via an agency?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Are you 100% certain that the person you've introduced is going direct to the client and not via an agency?
              Yes

Comment

Yes
                Is it a permie or a contractor? . If its the former you don't have a problem.

/thread
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ah so this isn't an "in theory" question.

What you're saying is that you've breached your contract and you're now having a squeaky bum moment having realised that, if the agency finds out, you're going to have to lube up.

Too late now, it seems. I hope it all works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Is it a permie or a contractor? . If its the former you don't have a problem.

/thread
                    Contractor but why is there a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Ah so this isn't an "in theory" question.

What you're saying is that you've breached your contract and you're now having a squeaky bum moment having realised that, if the agency finds out, you're going to have to lube up.

Too late now, it seems. I hope it all works out for you.
                      For now this question is theory.

Comment

Working...
                      X