Need to contract services for winding up my LTD Need to contract services for winding up my LTD
Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Nervous Newbie

Default Need to contract services for winding up my LTD

Hi guys,

Last year I created an UK LTD, for a promising/long term contract, well giving the contract finally was not that long term, and the involved hassel in managing the LTD I decide to Wind up it.

On my LTD account book There is only 4 invoices and some VAT return...

1. Do you know any CHEAP services/agency that could wind up my company?
    2. What is the usual amount for winding up a company? I guess that depends on how big account book you have.
    3. How long can I take?

My post count is Majestic

1. Nope
    2. Why would it? Takes the same amount of time to fill in the same paperwork.
    3. As long as you want.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Some things in Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by bul View Post
    Hi guys,

Last year I created an UK LTD, for a promising/long term contract, well giving the contract finally was not that long term, and the involved hassel in managing the LTD I decide to Wind up it.

2. What is the usual amount for winding up a company? I guess that depends on how big account book you have.
    3. How long can I take?
    Do you mean MVL?

1. Around £1500 - £1800 depending on your assets (that's cheap - others cost more than twice that).
    2. I had a quote for £3500
    3. As long as you want - longer means cheaper. The £3500 would have turned it around more quickly but I valued the money over the speed.

As I keep saying - quick/complicated and cheap MVL services don't exist. Pick either/or.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Do you mean MVL?

1. Around £1500 - £1800 depending on your assets (that's cheap - others cost more than twice that).
    2. I had a quote for £3500
    3. As long as you want - longer means cheaper. The £3500 would have turned it around more quickly but I valued the money over the speed.

As I keep saying - quick/complicated and cheap MVL services don't exist. Pick either/or.
    I don't think MVLK is relevant if you haven't got significant funds in the company (and 4 invoices probably isn't sufficient funds)

The Differences Between Striking Off And Members Voluntary Liquidations | DCA Business Recovery LLP covers the options - I suspect you want to work on striking off your firm.

Professionals are expensive though so it would be cheaper to work out what bits you can do yourself first.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by bul View Post
    Hi guys,

3. How long can I take?
    To be perfectly honest you won't find someone who will deal with this CHEAPLY. As an accountant, the hassle involved in taking you on, completing anti-money laundering checks, having HMRC 64-8's completed, getting engagement letters signed to then carry out one piece of work for you is not really that appealing.

Therefore I would actually charge a PREMIUM for this work, rather than doing it CHEAPLY.