• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 off-payroll rules postponed till April 2021

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    That clown Dave Chaplins claiming all the credit on LinedkIn.
    So the Chinese blaming the Americans, and the people saying it was a leak from a biological warfare institution in China, and the Palestinians blaming the Israelis and vice versa, are all wrong?

Thanks, Dave.

Comment

Chaplin is now claiming his whole aim was an initial one year delay that would then allow further campaigning from him to eradicate IR35 completely. Therefore, this is his win. He also feels hard done by that Corona virus got the credit for his campaign

Comment

Originally posted by Finance Contractor View Post
        Chaplin is now claiming his whole aim was an initial one year delay that would then allow further campaigning from him to eradicate IR35 completely. Therefore, this is his win. He also feels hard done by that Corona virus got the credit for his campaign
        He's put a post up about Covid and staying strong. He will take the credit for getting the country back in its feet at some point soon now I guess.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          He's put a post up about Covid and staying strong. He will take the credit for getting the country back in its feet at some point soon now I guess.
          I can only assume he is now positioning himself as the king of the rights of the premitractor that is dodging tax,as he hasn’t had anything intelligent to say on actual IR35 for a long time. His fan base is probably the ‘I joined my client initially for 3 months but 10 years later I can’t believe that I am fleeced by HMRC. I would like to extend inside because I like it here’ types.

Comment

Originally posted by theroyale View Post
            Too late probably.
            I was just in time to get my accountant to halt my company closure. Luckily my client has agreed to continue to engage with my Ltd company and remove their blanket ban.

Comment

Originally posted by JHamp82 View Post
              I was just in time to get my accountant to halt my company closure. Luckily my client has agreed to continue to engage with my Ltd company and remove their blanket ban.
              But have you checked the blanket ban wasn't because they won't allow any contractor to substitute or some other IR35 busting policy. Care is needed here. Just because they have a blanket ban it doesn't mean that certain roles were still caught. Nearly every company that has individually assessed has a mix of in and outs. Companies that did blanket bans are no different, and could even be worse if they have a blanket policy like I've just mentioned.

Comment

But have you checked the blanket ban wasn't because they won't allow any contractor to substitute or some other IR35 busting policy. Care is needed here. Just because they have a blanket ban it doesn't mean that certain roles were still caught. Nearly every company that has individually assessed has a mix of in and outs. Companies that did blanket bans are no different, and could even be worse if they have a blanket policy like I've just mentioned.
                Yes, I made sure to check this. The company made the decision to simply not engage with Ltd's to avoid any possible issues for them. They originally did say they would assess each role (which mine was deemed outside IR35) but then after seeing a few inside they just made the blanket ban. Very frustrating for the few that would have been outside but could kind of see their reasoning. Glad to be back in the contracting game (for another year at least).

Comment

Originally posted by JHamp82 View Post
                  Yes, I made sure to check this. The company made the decision to simply not engage with Ltd's to avoid any possible issues for them. They originally did say they would assess each role (which mine was deemed outside IR35) but then after seeing a few inside they just made the blanket ban. Very frustrating for the few that would have been outside but could kind of see their reasoning. Glad to be back in the contracting game (for another year at least).
                  Did you get any evidence of the outside determination? Mail, official SDS etc? Great evidence for next time they try blanket or pushing people inside. Could be your golden ticket

Comment

Did you get any evidence of the outside determination? Mail, official SDS etc? Great evidence for next time they try blanket or pushing people inside. Could be your golden ticket
                    I did actually, thanks for reminding me. I will keep this in a safe place. As you say this could really be the golden ticket!

Comment

Working...
                    X