Salary / Dividend Tax Salary / Dividend Tax - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 13 of 13
  1. #11

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    11,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonButterworth View Post
    Umm, that's pretty much exactly what I said that I'd assumed. So I do understand it correctly. If it's 50/50 split then the dividends should be split 50/50.

    So, the only way to save some tax would be if she owned 90% and whatever dividend pot was issued out, I'd only get 10% of it and pay higher tax on 10% with her paying lower tax on 90%.
    Or something...

    It depends on your specific circumstances, what individual incomes you both have, what your tax codes are and various other issues around child allowances and the like, what your pension plans are, what your war chest reserves are like and no doubt some others. So it's time to hit the spread sheet.
    Blog? What blog...?

  2. #12

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Or something...

    It depends on your specific circumstances, what individual incomes you both have, what your tax codes are and various other issues around child allowances and the like, what your pension plans are, what your war chest reserves are like and no doubt some others. So it's time to hit the spread sheet.
    Also depends on the likeliness of a marriage breakdown, passing 90% to essentially the "silent partner" in the business means they get 90% if they decide to wind it up

  3. #13

    Godlike

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oilboil View Post
    Also depends on the likeliness of a marriage breakdown, passing 90% to essentially the "silent partner" in the business means they get 90% if they decide to wind it up
    It’s worse than that.
    With 90% they can unilaterally dilute the other shareholders shares further. OPs 10% could become 0.01% really quick if better half decides to.
    See You Next Tuesday

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •