• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edward Carter solutions ceased trading

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edward Carter solutions ceased trading

I understand that Edward Carter Solutions Ltd has ceased trading.
    in 20 years working with contract agencies and as a contractor (13 years engaging contractors, 7 years working as a contractor), I think i remember this happening only once before.

Now to wait for the administrators to contact me !

Well at least there isn't a winding up order against it, so be thankful for small mercies I suppose.

Good luck!
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You got IPSE+ cover?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

re ipse+

Givcen i just had to google that...what do you think !!

Comment

Can't say I'm *that* surprised.

Was through them for 2 years. Started all ok, couple of people left and the the ones who stayed always seems a little on the back foot with regards renewals. Had to chase payments a couple of times near the end (pre Covid) but resolved within a day or two.

Then a month or so ago, had an email out of the blue from an accounts person. They'd been compromised and their OneDrive/SharePoint was being used to phish the contact list.

M

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Russell View Post
            Givcen i just had to google that...what do you think !!

Pity it’s only been mentioned on here about 4,000 times

Expect 2p (at most) from any £1 owed you

At least you can work direct with client now, or switch agencies ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Unfortunately I have finished the contract, stopped being paid as soon as i finished !!

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Pity it’s only been mentioned on here about 4,000 times

Expect 2p (at most) from any £1 owed you

At least you can work direct with client now, or switch agencies ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Unfortunately I have finished the contract, stopped being paid as soon as i finished !!
                Talk to client co... they *might* not have been invoiced by ECS yet, there *might* be a way to do it direct?

M

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
                  Talk to client co... they *might* not have been invoiced by ECS yet, there *might* be a way to do it direct?

M
                  they have been invoiced but have not yet paid them, thats the gutting thing as I know the money owed will be paid to them and then go to the other creditors before us ! (5 of us involved via the one client company)

Comment

they have been invoiced but have not yet paid them, thats the gutting thing as I know the money owed will be paid to them and then go to the other creditors before us ! (5 of us involved via the one client company)
                    Perhaps... your timesheet(s) were incorrect? As an honest and just type of person, you should contact Client Co and offer to amend them asap... Thus the invoice needs to be amended too. Client Co should then give you a "well done" fee.

M

Comment

Working...
                    X