More than one contracts More than one contracts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Banned


    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    7

    Default More than one contracts

    Hello

    I have received offers for two full time permanent roles.

    I want to take on both as I am confident that I will manage both by working until late as I am experienced in these duties.

    I assume the roles will be outside IR35 and I will be offered a day rate.

    1) is it possible to undertake more than one contracts?
    2) is it better to undertake them as sole trader or PAYE or LTD?
    3) will I earn as much as I would as permanent employee or I will pay more tax etc?
    4) if I take them as permanent employee arranging with the employers to have flexibility in completing the work later in the evening, will there be a problem?

    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default

    Most of these questions make absolutely no sense.

    What do the contracts say about your working exclusively? It's what the proposed contracts say, not what some random internet guess generator says.

    But if you're asking whether there is some law against working several contracts (of any given type) simultaneously, no, there is obviously no such law, beyond what you agree in a contract. That you don't know this suggests that you are way out of your depth and probably shouldn't even consider it.

  3. #3

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    20,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by businessor View Post
    Hello

    I have received offers for two full time permanent roles.

    I want to take on both as I am confident that I will manage both by working until late as I am experienced in these duties.

    I assume the roles will be outside IR35 and I will be offered a day rate.

    1) is it possible to undertake more than one contracts?
    2) is it better to undertake them as sole trader or PAYE or LTD?
    3) will I earn as much as I would as permanent employee or I will pay more tax etc?
    4) if I take them as permanent employee arranging with the employers to have flexibility in completing the work later in the evening, will there be a problem?

    Thanks!
    All of your questions relate to contractor roles, so I guess you don’t mean two permanent roles. Who knows?

    But I won’t answer them because as JB says, your post makes no sense.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

  4. #4

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Are they perm roles or contracts?

    Have you contracted before?

  5. #5

    Banned


    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayn200 View Post
    Are they perm roles or contracts?

    Have you contracted before?
    I am offered permanent roles but they can discuss contracts as well, umbrella, ltd. All will be within IR35 obviously.

    I have contracted before. I was offered a day rate and no restrictions in the contract not to work elsewhere.

    My question is, is it okay to work two day rate contracts for two different clients? Assuming I can manage my tasks?

    Also, would it be better for profitability to work them as LTD or Umbrella or something else? (I reiterate it's in IR35.

    Thanks!

  6. #6

    Godlike

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    5,840

    Default

    FOG
    See You Next Tuesday

  7. #7

    Default

    Yes


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  8. #8

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    45,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by businessor View Post
    I am offered permanent roles but they can discuss contracts as well, umbrella, ltd. All will be within IR35 obviously.
    You have absolutely no idea what you are doing. Keep on with your 50k job and be thankful.

    Top trolling.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    FOG
    Yeah, probably.

  10. #10

    More fingers than teeth

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by businessor View Post
    1) is it possible to undertake more than one contracts?
    2) is it better to undertake them as sole trader or PAYE or LTD?
    3) will I earn as much as I would as permanent employee or I will pay more tax etc?
    4) if I take them as permanent employee arranging with the employers to have flexibility in completing the work later in the evening, will there be a problem?
    1.It depends on the contracts
    2.It depends on the contracts
    3.It depends on your earnings and tax code and the answer to #2
    4.It depends on the contracts

    I guess your job doesn't involve any form of communication between you and any form of stakeholder as you are frankly incomprehensible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •