• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Norla EBT Loan Scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    The Freestyle service includes:
    Formation of your limited company
    Registering your company for VAT/PAYE
    Setting up your company bank account.
    FREE IR35 status reviews at any time.
    Acting as your registered office including full company secretarial service
    An intuitive online system to enter timesheets and expenses
    Generating and sending invoices to clients
    Chasing payments from clients
    Completing quarterly VAT returns.
    Up to date live position of the company, showing profit to date, what you need to reserve for tax and what is available as dividends. All available through our online system.
    Monthly payroll service including all year end submissions.
    Annual Statutory Accounts including filing all statutory returns inc Corporation Tax Returns.
    Personal Tax Return
    Dealing with all correspondence from HMRC & Companies House
    Advice on IR35 & S.660
    Comprehensive Insurance package including PII, HMRC investigation insurance.
    Yeah - that does look a bit MSC like. Mind you, my previous accountant set my bank account up for me. Cater Allen used to allocate a raft of bank account numbers to their affiliated accountants and this made it easy for the accountant's clients to get a bank account which was arranged through the accountant. The accountant had no access to the bank account though. This may well be what Freestyle do and what they are alluding to above.

The generating invoices thing could be that they give you the facility to generate invoices and send them via email via their website. Similarly with the chasing payments.

Anyway - it's getting a bit off topic for a Norla thread. Anyone using freestyle should do their own research to ensure they don't fall under the MSC definitions.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      The Freestyle service includes:
      Formation of your limited company
      Registering your company for VAT/PAYE
      Setting up your company bank account.
      FREE IR35 status reviews at any time.
      Acting as your registered office including full company secretarial service
      An intuitive online system to enter timesheets and expenses
      Generating and sending invoices to clients
      Chasing payments from clients
      Completing quarterly VAT returns.
      Up to date live position of the company, showing profit to date, what you need to reserve for tax and what is available as dividends. All available through our online system.
      Monthly payroll service including all year end submissions.
      Annual Statutory Accounts including filing all statutory returns inc Corporation Tax Returns.
      Personal Tax Return
      Dealing with all correspondence from HMRC & Companies House
      Advice on IR35 & S.660
      Comprehensive Insurance package including PII, HMRC investigation insurance.
      I cannot see anything above that would imply being an MSC, the only possible area is company secretarial services, although they do not mention being a company secretary.

See page 13 onwards of http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/employment-st...nce-july07.pdf
      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
        I cannot see anything above that would imply being an MSC, the only possible area is company secretarial services, although they do not mention being a company secretary.

See page 13 onwards of http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/employment-st...nce-july07.pdf
        It would depend on whether or not all that is being offered is being done as part of a standardised product or whether the services offered can be individually selected according to the requirements of the contractor after a consultation with the company
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Norla

I was just reading this old thread and then had a check up on Norla. According to this they still seem to be active and filed accounts in September 2012. Anyone know anything to the contractory?

https://www.duedil.com/company/04478...ulting-limited

Comment

Peter Lawrence and Grenville Norton

Does anyone know the said Peter Lawrence or Grenville Norton of Norla and what happened to them if they have gone under?

Comment

Try searching LinkedIn.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Try searching LinkedIn.
                I have up after 10 pages of Peter Lawrence on LinkedIn. It's quite a common name it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Craic View Post
                  I have up after 10 pages of Peter Lawrence on LinkedIn. It's quite a common name it seems.
                  Also use the present / past company name in the search criteria

Comment

Norla

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
                    Also use the present / past company name in the search criteria
                    If the companies went uder I doubt if they would have them in their profile. Certainly there is no Peter Lawrence with Norla in his profile.

Comment

Norla/Target/Edge/soon to be Redstone

Well the word is Edge-resourcing (the ones that did the EBTs for Norla) is in fact Norla and are still trading, offering blackmail (sorry, incentives) for the contractors they ripped off in 2010 to come back. That means Norla (sorry Edge) will give most of your money back they stole if you stay with them for 3 months....

Comment

Working...
                      X