• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can you claim PCG sub as IR35 expense?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm. My PCG membership covers two companies which I currently have control of. Can't see how I can claim it back from either of them. If I were to claim it back from one it would have paid extra for the membership to cover an entirely unrelated company.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Well it had to happen one day.... I'm wrong

PCG subs are a BIK, exactly as my learned friend has said. (note to self - learn to read properly...)

Everyone happy now?
      Not really, no. I preferred it when they weren't. Now I have to work out how to convert my company-paid subs, the first of which was over a year ago, into directors loans...

Comment

Originally posted by Hex View Post
        Hmmm. My PCG membership covers two companies which I currently have control of. Can't see how I can claim it back from either of them.
        Well, that's okay, because apparently you can't anyway.

Are you sure the one subscription does cover you for two companies though? Surely the risk of an IR35 investigation or a PAYE audit is doubled...

Comment

Originally posted by ittony View Post
          Well, that's okay, because apparently you can't anyway.

Are you sure the one subscription does cover you for two companies though? Surely the risk of an IR35 investigation or a PAYE audit is doubled...
          Yes - it's PCG Plus Multi. It has two companies registered.

Comment

Originally posted by ittony View Post
            Not really, no. I preferred it when they weren't. Now I have to work out how to convert my company-paid subs, the first of which was over a year ago, into directors loans...
            I wouldn't bother if I were you. Claim ignorance in the unlikely event that you are investigated.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex View Post
              Yes - it's PCG Plus Multi. It has two companies registered.
              Aha. Fair enough.

Frankly, my company buys PCG membership for the IR35 investigation and PAYE aspect enquiry insurance, neither of which I would require as an employee, and both of which cannot be bought cheaper to the best of my knowledge, and I can quite honestly say that I wouldn't be inclined to pay a single penny for the rest of the package, except perhaps philanthropically. Which is not to say there are no other benefits, I just wouldn't be bothered with them. So, as the benefits to the company are demonstrably non-zero, I'm struggling with the concept that it's 100% benefit in kind to the individual.

Still, anything for the quiet life eh. Thanks for all the help anyway, Malvolio and THEPUMA.

Now I need to work out how directors loans work...

Comment

Advice I had is:
                you can't claim the PCG fees as company expenses, becasue its benefit supplied for the individual not the comapy- however !! you as a director are the most valuable asset to the comapany, hence the company wishes to protect you and pay for your fees - so will be treated as director's loan kinda thing.

Comment

Working...
                X