• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mistake on Invoice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mistake on Invoice

I made a mistake on an invoice a while ago. (before the VAT change) It was a 5 week month so added an exra line on the spreadsheet, but forgot to include an extra weeks VAT in te total. I think the agency will pay up - though they are making me jump through hoops to get it. Originally I just sent them a VAT invoice to cover the missing week, but now they want a credit note for the incorrect invoice plus a corrected invoice. The only problem I can see now is with the VAT change last month and the credit note is dated this month etc.

Are agencies obligied to pay this missing VAT ?

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
    Are agencies obligied to pay this missing VAT ?
    Yes - if they don't then it's VAT fraud, which could cause them one or two minor problems to deal with.

Mind you, they probably have no jobs going at the moment, so at least they will have something to do....
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

^^^ WHS.

If you're VAT registered, the agency cant just decide not to pay the VAT to you. If they start to piss you about, threaten to grass them up to HMRC for VAT evasion!
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Had to issue a credit note and a new invoice so they could pay the VAT difference - they have paid the whole invoice again.

Just need somewhere with high interest to leave the money now til they ask for it back !

Comment

Just need somewhere with high interest
          Easier said than done!

but when they do ask for it back, make sure you get them to fill in complicated paperwork and then wait a couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            Easier said than done!

but when they do ask for it back, make sure you get them to fill in complicated paperwork and then wait a couple of months.
            Demand that they issue a credit note!
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Had to issue a credit note and a new invoice so they could pay the VAT difference - they have paid the whole invoice again.

Just need somewhere with high interest to leave the money now til they ask for it back !
              Hahaha! You couldnt make it up. Bunch of incompetents. Wasnt parity by any chance?

TBH, they'll probably try and do an adjustment for your next billing period but, what's good for the goose and all that! Make 'em jump through hoops for it!
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
              X