• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC are shafting us again with the VAT chages.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC are shafting us again with the VAT chages.

It seems engineering consultancy (that's me) and finanicial services are losing out by 0.5% in the VAt changes. IT and accounts are OK.

Sector
    Jan 2010 %
    Dec 2009 %
    Nov 2008 %

IT Consultancy

Engineering Consultancy

Management Consultancy

Accounting Services

Financial Services
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

glad I am a mgt accountant these day then.
    Twitter: jonsmile

Comment

Originally posted by JonSmile View Post
      glad I am a mgt accountant these day then.
      Not as glad as I am to be non-resident in the UK.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

You mean you're making less unearned profit than you were? That's hardly a shafting. You can always go back to normal VAT if it works out better.

Comment

That's a bit harsh. In IT we don't buy anything other than laptops, which most people buy anyway. In Engineering, however, I expect you also need to buy spanners and stuff.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            It seems engineering consultancy (that's me) and finanicial services are losing out by 0.5% in the VAt changes. IT and accounts are OK.
            True, but looking on the bright side you (engineering) were gaining 4%, in January you will be gaining 4.5% on the FRS!

Comment

Originally posted by Sally BFCA View Post
              True, but looking on the bright side you (engineering) were gaining 4%, in January you will be gaining 4.5% on the FRS!
              Hmmmmm.............
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I expect you also need to buy spanners and stuff

Yeah dam grease monkies!! lol
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X