• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    Given the new political climate, is everyone up for doing something?

I don't want to say too much yet because we're being spied on.

Stand by for more details in the next couple of days...
    Of course

Comment

Since we have a budget coming up pretty soon; is it reasonable to expect that if it was there will; the retrospective changes to the legislation could be reversed by the new government?

If so, I think we all need to start putting pen to paper ASAP.

The last thing this new government wants is headlines of how they have allowed thousands of families to go homeless and onto benefits; especially since they are trying to encourange the 'family'. This law WILL break up many families.

Comment

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
        Since we have a budget coming up pretty soon; is it reasonable to expect that if it was there will; the retrospective changes to the legislation could be reversed by the new government?

If so, I think we all need to start putting pen to paper ASAP.

The last thing this new government wants is headlines of how they have allowed thousands of families to go homeless and onto benefits; especially since they are trying to encourange the 'family'. This law WILL break up many families.

Stand by your beds ready for action guys

A few of us are looking at how to respond to the change in government

Comment

DR, how can I PM you?

Comment

Originally posted by seadog View Post
            Stand by your beds ready for action guys

A few of us are looking at how to respond to the change in government
            Aye,aye Skipper. Crew at the ready on gun decks. Carronades charged.
            Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
            "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              Given the new political climate, is everyone up for doing something?

I don't want to say too much yet because we're being spied on.

Stand by for more details in the next couple of days...
              I'm up for more letters to my MP, Mark Hoban, who is now Financial Secretary to the Treasury.

Comment

blimey

I guess he really isn't very popular: just read a newsflash that Stephen Timms has just been stabbed

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyguitar View Post
                  I guess he really isn't very popular: just read a newsflash that Stephen Timms has just been stabbed
                  Yep - BBC News - Former minister Timms stabbed

Hope its not one of us!
                  Last edited by portseven; 14 May 2010, 15:59.
                  Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                    Yep - BBC News - Former minister Timms stabbed

Hope its not one of us!
                    Apparently they've arrested a 21-year old man. That's a bit young for Timms - can't have been an argument over retrospective taxation.
                    Maybe Timms was trying to tax the guy based on money he estimated he would earn over his forthcoming working life. A new long term tax-payment-on-account rule.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyguitar View Post
                      Whatever happened to Brillo Pad?

Comment

Working...
                      X