• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We haven't had a troll for a while. I wonder what's brought this one out of his cave.

Comment

anybody see through the cunning use of "gasha" rather than "a gash"? boy thats clever

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        I wonder what's brought this one out of his cave.
        Boredom whilst waiting for the judgement, most likely

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post

Unless we get a judgment in the next 2 weeks, which is looking very unlikely, then we're in for more months of boredom because the courts shut up shop during August & September.

Perhaps if we're lucky we might get a decision by Xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post

I'll second that. I've given up trying to read anything into the timeline. With the summer break we'll be lucky to get a judgement in less than a year since the hearing by the time things start going again in the autumn.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffia View Post
              With the summer break we'll be lucky to get a judgement in less than a year since the hearing by the time things start going again in the autumn.
              Indeed.

And only a tiny handful of the 2000+ cases heard by the CoA each year take this long, so we are in exceptional territory.

Comment

Indeed.

And only a tiny handful of the 2000+ cases heard by the CoA each year take this long, so we are in exceptional territory.
                Is it just me or does our case (and the judgments already passed on it) appear to make a mockery of the overall judicial system - that one judge could rule against us so unequivocally - yet now 3 judges are taking an age to ruke over the case. It's like they're ruling over completely different cases.

Comment

They have 2 arguments to consider not just our one

Remember we were put together with PWC (I think don't shoot me if I am wrong....)

So there are other things to consider.
                  Originally posted by NO TO RETRO View Post
                  Is it just me or does our case (and the judgments already passed on it) appear to make a mockery of the overall judicial system - that one judge could rule against us so unequivocally - yet now 3 judges are taking an age to ruke over the case. It's like they're ruling over completely different cases.
                  I don't believe it.........

Comment

Originally posted by NO TO RETRO View Post
                    In a way they are. Judge Parker only considered the human rights angle. The 3 Lord justices are also deliberating over the PwC free movement of capital argument.

Having said that, judges are not infallible, and perhaps Parker erred in some way.

Comment

Having said that, judges are not infallible, and perhaps Parker erred in some way.
                      I reckon you're safe from the contempt charge there

Comment

Working...
                      X