• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are my rights as a contractor?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    My business insurance doesn't cover me out of contract, I make a point of telling ClientCo that when they're stalling.
    I make a point of using that line when agents try the "just turn up on site tomorrow, we'll sort out the contract as soon as possible"
    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilCBN View Post
      Employment rights should be provided by your umbrella company so statutory notice period etc only applies to your engagement with the umbrella.
      And since they don't pay you for non-invoicable work, that notice period is pretty useless.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilCBN View Post
        Employment rights should be provided by your umbrella company so statutory notice period etc only applies to your engagement with the umbrella. If there is a notice period in the contract between the umbrella and the agency this will apply to your assignment.
        legally your still working for the umbrella once your contract finishes until they
        give you a P45, only thing is you'll be earning zero income/salary.

Comment

Originally posted by slinkydonkey View Post
          Where do i stand ?
          On your own two feet.

Contract ends, you don't have a job anymore.
          You get sick, you don't get paid.
          You go on holiday, you don't get paid.
          You grow old, you don't get a pension.
          You get pregnant you don't have a job.

You don't have any rights. That's why they pay you so much more than an equivilent permie role because you have to cover all the above (and more).

They DO pay you more than you get in a permie job right? If not then you've been taken for a ride.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

I would put your CV back on the job boards and start looking again.

Comment

Working...
            X