• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joining the PCG

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joining the PCG

I was going to join the PCG, and get insurance via their scheme. But now I have my own Ltd, am I doing this as me, or as my company (or do I personally join the PCG and get the insurance in the name of the company)?

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Here's a novel idea - try asking the PCG.

Remember, the insurance you get as part of their bundle is tax investigation insurance.

Comment

And the answer would be you join as an individual, but your company can pay for it on the basis that you wouldn't need to spend the money other than as the owner of a Ltd Co.

Think about it - IR35 (and S660a, come to that) are personal tax issues, not corporate ones. So the insurance is centered on the company but actually covers the individual.

But I agree with the man with the matches - you can always try asking them directly. There's even a big button on their website to help you do that.

Subsdiary question, just out of curiosity - has anyone joined the PCG other than for the insurance benefits??
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I joined for 3 main reasons:

1) Insurance
        2) Networking opportunities
        3) Additional credibility. Will be putting their logo on my website.

Regards,

Mustang

Comment

I joined :

a) for the insurance
          b) for access to their message boards which I found invaluable when starting my company. If you had a question or didn't understand something you can almost guarantee someone else would have asked a similar question at some point and there would be all the answers I'd need.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang
            I joined for 3 main reasons:

3) Additional credibility. Will be putting their logo on my website.

Regards,

Mustang
            This brought a smile to my face

Mailman

Comment

Early days, me old postie pal. It is not that unlikely that being a PCG member might one day mean to the average client that you take your work seriously. And every little helps when you're trying to market yourself to an uncaring world.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I joined for the t-shirt. didn't get one though.

thought that the Ashridge VLRC is worth the money for the upgrade to PCGPlus membership on it's own.
                Plan A is located just about here.
                If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                  Here's a novel idea - try asking the PCG.
                  To be honest I got the impression the PCG wouldn't tell you anything until you joined. I couldn't get to the information on their discounted insurance schemes until I joined (which I have now).

By "insurance" I was more talking about the professional imdemnity/personal liability etc. type insurance, which I assume will always be put through the company.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Dunno about that - seems to be a hell of a lot of info on the front of their shiny new website. And I also know that phoning them up and asking usually gets a positive response, probably because they want to get people to join. Oh well...

I do know they do a PI/PLI/ELI package that seriously undercuts most of the other offerings out there for the averag one-man band.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X