• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella Companies - bank charges for same day payments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    Hi Kettle my name's Vallah - you're black! I have nothing to hide - everyone on here knows how I run my business - shame we can't say the same about you
    I don't come on here to promote a business. The addition to my username was made as the result of a request from admin on here.

As for nothing to hide, go on then answer the question - how can you justify charging for same day transfers, when the majority of payments you send will be via Faster Payments and not BACS as your website states?

Comment

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
      I don't come on here to promote a business. The addition to my username was made as the result of a request from admin on here.

As for nothing to hide, go on then answer the question - how can you justify charging for same day transfers, when the majority of payments you send will be via Faster Payments and not BACS as your website states?
      Your understanding of fasterpay bank charges is incorrect.

For businesses fasterpay is free if sent 2 business days or more in advance. If sent the day before then the 50p charge that you mention applies. However if you send the same day then the charge is approx £3 depending on your bank etc. So although they're free for individuals they're not free for a business.
      Last edited by PayMatters; 17 June 2011, 10:02. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by PayMatters View Post
        Your understanding of fasterpay bank charges is incorrect.

For businesses fasterpay is free if sent 2 business days or more in advance. If sent the day before then the 50p charge that you mention applies. However if you send the same day then the charge is approx £3 depending on your bank etc. So although they're free for individuals they're not free for a business.
        Same day Faster Payments costing £3? Which banks charge that?

Comment

I do not promote my business either; I offer advice which can be taken or ignored as you wish

The majority of payments that we send are sent via BACs which is why it says so on our website and I think I am in a position to know more about it than you Vallah but feel free to continue with the libellous remarks
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

The thread I posted about behaviour in Business/Contracts applies here too Chaps.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...al-forums.html

Please take note.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              The thread I posted about behaviour in Business/Contracts applies here too Chaps.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...al-forums.html

Please take note.
              Point taken Cojak. Decorum restored

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Love you Lisa xxxx

Comment

Love you Lisa xxxx
                  Missing you already Vallah

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

It is not just the FP charges. There are Umbrella companies, that do a lot of misselling to naive contractors. We have had many examples on this board. According to me, if a long term contractor chooses umbrella to operate, then s/he deserves to be charged for those kind of unnecessary services.

BTW the emphasis in the last statement should be "Long Term contractor".

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
                      According to me, if a long term contractor chooses umbrella to operate, then s/he deserves to be charged for those kind of unnecessary services.

BTW the emphasis in the last statement should be "Long Term contractor".
                      I may be misinterpreting this but is the implication that if you're contracting long term then you shouldn't use an umbrella?

Comment

Working...
                      X