• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CMC/CMS?? Link44

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMC/CMS?? Link44

Afternoon all,

I was wondering if anyone has heard of these companies as a Limited/Umbrella company? Having trouble finding any web links and only heard of them via an agency who I can reach at this moment to ask for details from them.

Thanks

As a general rule, avoid any umbrella which is recommended by an agency. I can't stress that enough. They'll be on a backhander (sorry, referral fee), which is the only reason they would recommend them.
    Safest bet is to go with Parasol while you find your feet, then look to go limited as soon as you can, if you think you'll be contracting reasonably long term.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

If you can't find them then perhaps that may suggest they are either very new, below the radar or less likely, do not need to advertise! Sounds iffy chap, go with Mordac advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
        As a general rule, avoid any umbrella which is recommended by an agency. I can't stress that enough. They'll be on a backhander (sorry, referral fee), which is the only reason they would recommend them.
        Safest bet is to go with Parasol while you find your feet, then look to go limited as soon as you can, if you think you'll be contracting reasonably long term.
        Agree with Mordy - for the most part the umbrellas will be getting back handers but I wouldn't dismiss any that are recommended to you - just make sure that you research them really thoroughly and remember that if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Any umbrella that promises it can make sure you pay less tax than any other is probably going to get you into something dodgy. I use ContractorUmbrella and have done for ages - never had any problems at all but as I said - do your research.

Comment

Working...
        X