• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG Membership

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCG Membership

Can PCG memebership fees come out of the business and be claimed as an expense?

Sorry I know this would have been covered somewhere ...I tried to search but with no luck!

Thanks in Advance

_Smudger_

Not against Corp Tax, something to do with them not giving over a list of members or something.

Having said that I claim mine

Comment

WSS

It can be claimed but it's not allowable for corporation tax relief since it isn't a recognised subscription by HMRC. A useful link here HM Revenue & Customs: Deductions for fees and subscriptions paid to professional bodies or learned societies

Comment

Originally posted by smudger View Post

Sorry I know this would have been covered somewhere ...I tried to search but with no luck!

Thanks in Advance

_Smudger_
        Is the membership in the company name or your personal name?

In the Company name it is not allowable for tax purposes.

In your personal name the company is paying for your personal expenditure, more than likely it would be treated as DLA transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          Not against Corp Tax, something to do with them not giving over a list of members or something.

Having said that I claim mine
          Are you claiming it because you will argue the case out if quieried ( or claim ignorance ).

Comment

Originally posted by Robot View Post
            Is the membership in the company name or your personal name?

In the Company name it is not allowable for tax purposes.

In your personal name the company is paying for your personal expenditure, more than likely it would be treated as DLA transaction.
            I've not joined yet so presumably it would be better in my personal name.

Comment

I've not joined yet so presumably it would be better in my personal name.
              Although you're not getting corporation tax relief, get it in the company name so that you're not paying for it out of taxed income.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@InTouch View Post
                Although you're not getting corporation tax relief, get it in the company name so that you're not paying for it out of taxed income.
                Ok thanks

Comment

Thanks in Advance

_Smudger_
                  My company pays my PCG subs.

Comment

Originally posted by Addanc View Post
                    My company pays my PCG subs.
                    My company also pays my PCG subs, but it is disallowed against tax - which means the company pays the membership out of taxed income not pre-tax income.

It is PCG's own guidance to do it this way. Companies are allowed to pay for personal trade memberships for its employees, but it is only tax deductable if it is a recognised trade membership where the membership list has been handed over to HMRC. PCG refuses to hand its membership list over to HMRC and so the payment is not tax deductable.

Comment

Working...
                    X