Recommend experienced accountant with online software Recommend experienced accountant with online software - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 25

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Here is a list of accountant recommendation threads I put together. We get this so often now no one bothers to reply...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-requests.html
    Thanks for the link, but I note that there were none in Wales. Surely there must be at least one good accountants in Wales?

Double Godlike!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

Quote Originally Posted by The Spartan View Post
    Thanks for the link, but I note that there were none in Wales. Surely there must be at least one good accountants in Wales?
    Start here - PCG Accredited Accountant | PCG - and stick in your postcode...
    Blog? What blog...?

Froglike

UniversaTax based in Cardiff.

Online portal for submitting stuff

£78/pm

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by Pondlife View Post
    UniversaTax based in Cardiff.

Online portal for submitting stuff

£78/pm
    Have you used them?

Froglike

Have you used them?
    Does it matter?

A while back I used & recommended Uptons.

Obviously I'm not with Uptons anymore and moved to a company based more locally.

Super poster

Actually when you put it that way no it doesn't. After all Parasol were recommended to me by a friend and look how that turned out

Ddraig Goch

Only just saw this thread....

Not going to name names but under no circumstances go anywhere near the PCG recommended accountant listed in Bridgend.

I went with them and ended up moving after 2 months. Mate of mine (also a contractor) did too and it went the same way. Totally useless waste of money - knows nothing about IT contractors.

I moved to NixonWilliams. Never met my accountant - all done by email but excellent service from them.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    Only just saw this thread....

Not going to name names but under no circumstances go anywhere near the PCG recommended accountant listed in Bridgend.

I went with them and ended up moving after 2 months. Mate of mine (also a contractor) did too and it went the same way. Totally useless waste of money - knows nothing about IT contractors.

I moved to NixonWilliams. Never met my accountant - all done by email but excellent service from them.
    Thanks for the update, it seems there are a fair few cowboys out there by all accounts and that includes Umbrella Companies as well as Accountants.

Ddraig Goch

Yeh. To be honest, I thought PCG accredited - must be good. It turns out they need to pass some sort of exam to get this (and probably pay the PCG to be listed).

Looked like the company in question could see some lucrative dosh from IT contractors and fancied a bit of that. Turned out didn't really have a clue about any of it. Made a complete mess of almost everything they did (couldnt even arrange to send me the correct direct debit form).
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    Yeh. To be honest, I thought PCG accredited - must be good. It turns out they need to pass some sort of exam to get this (and probably pay the PCG to be listed).

Looked like the company in question could see some lucrative dosh from IT contractors and fancied a bit of that. Turned out didn't really have a clue about any of it. Made a complete mess of almost everything they did (couldnt even arrange to send me the correct direct debit form).
    Just goes to show what people will do to cash in on some lucre, my god incompetent doesn't even cut it