• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Compensation for waiting for goods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive been messed about by a bed company in the past and I called their head office and they sent some vouchers to use in the store. Which we used to buy new bedding.

I know of someone that got messed about by John lewis and they just offered a one off payment of £100 plus a refund of the delivery.

Comment

Do you claim for all this after you have resolved the issue or do you have to refuse delivery of the item until it appears? While they have your money and you have no goods you are in a position of power. Once delivered you are relying on pure goodwill until I threaten them with the costs of my day in?

Guess this is one of those things that once delivered it will get forgotten about but blood is boiling at moment.

Maybe I should drop KittyCat a pm.....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wary View Post
        Try putting a post on the appropriate forum on Martin’s Money Tips. These kind of consumer rights questions frequently get asked, and you’re likely to get responses from people who know what they’re talking about (and plenty from people who like to think that they do but don’t!).Link: Consumer Rights - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums
        So you may has well post it here first for the same response

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
          So you may has well post it here first for the same response

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Has anyone any idea if it is possible to charge a supplier for time when you are waiting in for goods and they don't deliver? Obviously we charge by the day so lose revenue when delivers fail to turn up an number of times

Obviously there is a background to this and have been messed about something shocking by a large high street bedding company and am seriously hacked off they can do this so thought I would look in to my options.

Has anyone had money back for free goods from these companies?
            Personally I think unless they promised a specific timeline, the answer is NO. You can complain and ask obviously.

Other than AYSYCOFT (are you sure you're cut out for this), I suggest you ask on UK Business Forums - the UK's most active help and advice forum for owners, managers and entrepreneurs of small businesses and startups. because what would a bunch of disguised employees know about real business. I'm on there but under a different name.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Has anyone any idea if it is possible to charge a supplier for time when you are waiting in for goods and they don't deliver? Obviously we charge by the day so lose revenue when delivers fail to turn up an number of times

Obviously there is a background to this and have been messed about something shocking by a large high street bedding company and am seriously hacked off they can do this so thought I would look in to my options.

Have you checked the delivery contract? there may be (day) substitution clauses
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                Ive been messed about by a bed company in the past and I called their head office and they sent some vouchers to use in the store. Which we used to buy new bedding.

I know of someone that got messed about by John lewis and they just offered a one off payment of £100 plus a refund of the delivery.
                I know a kitchen fitter who worked for John Lewis and they sold a kitchen to a fella who was having it fitted by someone else not JL, who then proceded to lash this kitchen up, the fella in question was only back in the shop picking up a couple of bits and just happened to mention to one of the sales staff (he was not complaining) what a nightmare he had with his kitchen fitter and the mess he was left with, so JL sent 2 of their fitters round who completely removed the kitchen reinstalled it and replaced any broken/lashed up parts all free of charge.

Now thats customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Personally I think unless they promised a specific timeline, the answer is NO. You can complain and ask obviously.

Other than AYSYCOFT (are you sure you're cut out for this)
                  Already done, KUATB

I suggest you ask on UK Business Forums - the UK's most active help and advice forum for owners, managers and entrepreneurs of small businesses and startups. because what would a bunch of disguised employees know about real business. I'm on there but under a different name.
                  It's not really a business question. Aimed more at people that are on daily rates who have had consumer problems before really.
                  Last edited by northernladuk; 7 December 2011, 12:54.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Someone mentioned MSE forums already, but they have an official section, pushed in this week's email newsletter:

Failed Delivery - Fight Back: "If I waste a day, you'll pay" ...
                    No-show delivery — fight back
                    "If I have to waste a day, you have to pay".
                    A whopping 7m people a year take unpaid leave to wait for deliveries or installations, so when they fail to, errr, deliver, it can make you weep. We've launched a Failed Delivery Compensation campaign to fight back & push them to improve practices. Here's a taster...
                    1. Your relationship's with the retailer not the courier. By law, buy goods and you've entered into a contract with the retailer. If it's arranging delivery then this is part of that contract, so all complaints should go directly to the seller (unless you hired the courier separately).
                    2. If you took another day off you should be paid for it. It might seem strange, but in law you can't claim compensation for the original no-show as you were taking that day off work anyway. But if you then need take ANOTHER day (or morning/hour) off for a new delivery, by law, this is a consequential loss and you could be due the day's pay back.
                    3. Free template letter to fight your corner. While your legal rights can only truly be enforced in court, just knowing and quoting them boosts your complaint's strength. To help, the Failed Delivery Compensation guide includes template letters, what to say on the phone and more, to help you take on the retail beasts.
                    HTH
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Failed Delivery - Fight Back: "If I waste a day, you'll pay" ...

Dont say I'm not nice to you NLUK....

(d000hg beat me to it by 1 minute!!!)
                      Last edited by psychocandy; 7 December 2011, 14:43. Reason: beaten to it
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X