• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reallocating Shares - Red Flag for HMRC S660??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The point being a savings plan for my children, rather then come out of my own money , it is via the co ltd so potentially reducing my corp tax and my own tax ?????

Comment

Originally posted by contractor55 View Post
      The point being a savings plan for my children, rather then come out of my own money , it is via the co ltd so potentially reducing my corp tax and my own tax ?????
      It may reduce your own tax as you'd not be paying it from your own income, but dividends don't affect CT.
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Corp tax- true . My mistake.
        I use it to reduce potential any higer tax bracket and provide some savings to my children

Comment

Originally posted by contractor55 View Post
          Corp tax- true . My mistake.
          I use it to reduce potential any higer tax bracket and provide some savings to my children
          You can do that by paying yourself less...

What you're not grasping is that the only way to make it work is to put the money out of your reach forever (which is itself pretty tricky to achieve). However you do that won't make any difference to your personal income or your CT bills, and any taxable income arising will be charged to your children anyway.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
          X