• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    There seems to be a lack of information coming out about what to do. I posted similar but got no response which is a bit disconcerting!

Perhaps try contacting MP and see what they say even though its only a warning letter.

Seriously NTRT, is no one able to offer a little advice what to do other than sit tight and wait for the APN to arrive?
    I am tempted to forward to montpelier anyway. I have emailed NW.

Letter does say to contact HMRC if you cannot pay - so I feel I should be responding.

Comment

Contact MP

There seems to be a lack of information coming out about what to do. I posted similar but got no response which is a bit disconcerting!

Perhaps try contacting MP and see what they say even though its only a warning letter.

Seriously NTRT, is no one able to offer a little advice what to do other than sit tight and wait for the APN to arrive?
      The hard copy letter I received from MP regarding APN's said contact them once the APN arrived and send them a copy. Didn't mention any warning letters but I would speak to them anyway.

Comment

Did you receive the recent letters from MontP?

I think it is quite clear from reading the letters what you need to do -

a) Notifying letter - send it to MontP 4th para on the copied letter from HMRC
        b) Actual APN - send it to MontP indicated on the covering letter from MontP.

Comment

Originally posted by OneUnited View Post
          Did you receive the recent letters from MontP?

I think it is quite clear from reading the letters what you need to do -

a) Notifying letter - send it to MontP 4th para on the copied letter from HMRC
          b) Actual APN - send it to MontP indicated on the covering letter from MontP.
          I got the montpelier letters - but they are at the other end of the country. My wife has just lost her mother so I don't want to disturb her.

Does it say to what address we should send the notifying letter? Is there an email address?

Apologies for the dumb questions.

Comment

Guidance from Montpelier

1) no need to forward the pre-APN letter to Montpelier

2) they advise against responding to HMRC

3) if you receive an actual APN, forward this to Montpelier and they will advise on a suitable response
            Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 23 February 2015, 16:22.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              1) no need to forward the pre-APN letter to Montpelier

2) they advise against responding to HMRC

3) if you receive an actual APN, forward this to Montpelier and they will advise on a suitable response

The legend of DR lives on!

Is there an email address we can use to forward actual APNs? Or best to send a hard copy to the IOM office?

Comment

Roll up, roll up! Get your David Gauke dartboards now...

David Gauke Dartboard | Zazzle
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Is there an email address we can use to forward actual APNs? Or best to send a hard copy to the IOM office?
                  I will find out.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    Roll up, roll up! Get your David Gauke dartboards now...

David Gauke Dartboard | Zazzle
                    Any chance of a toilet bowl liner?

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
                      Any chance of a toilet bowl liner?
                      Or printed bog roll?

Comment

Working...
                      X