• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Basic PAYE Tools P35/P60 problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Basic PAYE Tools P35/P60 problem

OK so I used the Basic PAYE Tools 2012 software to generate and electronically file MyCo's P35/P14 with HMRC. The submission seemed to work without any trouble, the software spat out a "correlation ID" and I received a "Successful Receipt ..." email from hmrc.gov.uk - this was 3 weeks ago.

Now today looking at the HMRC online gateway under employer "End of Year Returns" the P35 status is just blank. What prompted me to check was an "Employer Annual Return reminder" letter received from HMRC today. It doesn't actually say the P35 has not been received - just a reminder of when it's due.

So the question: is it normal for the HMRC online site to show no acknowledgement of P14/P35 submitted electronically like this? and no acknowledgement of the NI paid via BACS to the PAYE office? ... is there no "joined up thinking" in Hector's various computer systems and so they send out sprurious 'reminder' letters regardless?

... or, is there a problem with the electronic filing to be resolved before I get hit with a penalty?

Another, albeit minor, issue is that the HMRC PAYE Tools software failed to automatically generate a P60, even though it said it would. It did generate P11/P14/P32 csv data files locally, but no P60 PDF file, although the onscreen dialog says: "This will also create the P14 form(s) to file online to HMRC and the P60(s) for each employee." In the end I just generated a P60 manually using the built-in template 'wizard', re-entering the pay details copied from the P11 EOY summary and it populated and created a P60 PDF for me. So I have my P60 but I cannot imagine a payroll admin wanting to do that for every employee. I would put it down to shonky tulip software but it behaved nicely in every other way - or at least appeared to!

If you click View Account in the online PAYE website, you should see your return's figures in the appropriate tax year. It may take a week or so to appear after submission.

ZED.

Comment

Originally posted by zedAccounts View Post
      If you click View Account in the online PAYE website, you should see your return's figures in the appropriate tax year. It may take a week or so to appear after submission.

ZED.
      Thanks Zed, the return figures and NI paid are all there I was just looking in the wrong place.

Comment

Working...
      X