• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

P11D Avoidance Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Podgy View Post
    Has'nt cost me anything yet - just waiting for the knock on the door now that HMRC knows what I've been asking and where I live.
    ftfy
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      ftfy
      <cough> http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...al-forums.html

The OP is simply trying to run a business, and we should offer our expert advice in a mature and collegiate manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        <cough> http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...al-forums.html

The OP is simply trying to run a business, and we should offer our expert advice in a mature and collegiate manner.
        Hear hear - I dont know why some people on this site are so arrogant & rude - its not necessary.

Anyway I've done the P11d which took a milisecond.

Comment

Hear hear - I dont know why some people on this site are so arrogant & rude - its not necessary.

Anyway I've done the P11d which took a milisecond.
          He was being sarcastic....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            That is probably wise, you won't like what he says about the car amongst other things. Better to stay in the dark and at risk than do the right thing. Right on brother...
            Post of the month so far.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              He was being sarcastic....
              Don't judge others by your own standards.

It took the OP a millisecond. Not only has he saved himself accountancy fees, but he's saved himself a fortune in tax, because - and we should all note this - his company car is effectively not available for private use. They is the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                It took the OP a millisecond. Not only has he saved himself accountancy fees, but he's saved himself a fortune in tax, because - and we should all note this - his company car is effectively not available for private use. They is the key.
                Yeabut it should have taken more than a millisecond.

Accommodation (hotels / flat lease / bills)
                Company car / petrol
                Business Lunch/s etc

I'm not actually claiming anything back from the company & everything is for business use only - do I still need to complete the P11D?
                Yes, P11D is required and you must declare accommodation and subsistence expenses (whether or not paid for directly by the company), even if there is no tax charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
                  Yeabut it should have taken more than a millisecond.

Yes, P11D is required and you must declare accommodation and subsistence expenses (whether or not paid for directly by the company), even if there is no tax charge.
                  Yep - I can add-up real quick

Comment

Working...
                  X