• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD not doing annual returns?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Thing is, the co House return is not an Accounting return, is it...? And it's not like it's a major effort to complete. You want to be a business, act like one.
    The email above doesn't say "all accounting returns", it says "all company returns". Are you arguing that the Companies House return isn't a company return?

Comment

SJD do mine then invoice for the £14 seperately
      Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
        The email above doesn't say "all accounting returns", it says "all company returns". Are you arguing that the Companies House return isn't a company return?
        But SJD are Accountants, not a business support service or even an MSC provider...

I do my own. I takes hundreds of seconds every year, mostly looking up the username and passwords.

But if someone really can't be bothered to do such a trivial piece of business admin unaided, you have to ask why they think they should qualify for the financial advantages of owning and operating a business in the first place.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          Fixed it for you.
          That's what I said.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

But SJD are Accountants, not a business support service or even an MSC provider...

I do my own. I takes hundreds of seconds every year, mostly looking up the username and passwords.

But if someone really can't be bothered to do such a trivial piece of business admin unaided, you have to ask why they think they should qualify for the financial advantages of owning and operating a business in the first place.
            Hehe, yup, it's the hardest part!

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
              Hehe, yup, it's the hardest part!
              I keep mine somewhere handy.
              Last edited by speling bee; 3 September 2012, 13:51.
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                I keep mine somewhere handy.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Good spot.
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

What you do and don't do is largely irrelevant here isn't it? If someone has signed up to a service that promises to submit all company returns, then they have very right to expect that all company returns are submitted. Personally I'd do it all myself, but then I pay somebody to mow my lawn because I can't be bothered doing it myself.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys - it seems simple enough that I'll go ahead and probably do it myself. I'm gonna be leaving SJD now anyway.

Also, I noticed InTouch charge £280 for closing down your company (Fixed Price Accounting for Contractors and Freelancers | Intouch Contractor Accounting) ! Anyone know why so much? What does this involve?

Comment

Working...
                      X