• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Survey - Dissertation research

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Survey - Dissertation research

Hi All,

I've cleared this with Admin, so it isn't spam!

I'm studying the potential impact from HMRC taking a hardline approach to enforcing a tax law, in this case IR35. As there isn't much secondary research material, I need to do my own survey / research.

Would you mind sparing me 5mins of your time to complete this simple survey? All help appreciated.

Survey Linky

It is for IT Contractors, Agent, Accountants and Customers - So if you fit in to one of these categories, click the above and help me out.

Cheers.
    Gary
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Are you an HMRC sockie?

Only joking, you have a response from me anyway!

Comment

This question appears vague.

"Would you change the way you operate to protect yourself from BET and IR35"

especially since the follow up is :

"How would you change"

I clicked yes... but then realised you may have meant somthing different to what I thought.

My respose was Other: "review work practices and tighten up areas that could be challenged".

Overall I don't think your questions are that great. They assume much I think.
      Last edited by prozak; 28 November 2012, 16:31.

Comment

Originally posted by prozak View Post
        This question appears vague.

"Would you change the way you operate to protect yourself from BET and IR35"

especially since the follow up is :

"How would you change"

I clicked yes... but then realised you may have meant somthing different to what I thought.

My respose was Other: "review work practices and tighten up areas that could be challenged".

Did you add that in the "other" box? reworded to: "Would you change the way your company is structured to protect yourself from BET and IR35? (e.g. Move to umbrella, Perm, etc)".

All feedback welcome!

Comment

I filled it in. I would be interested to see the results but as we know from here not everyone knows IR35 and BET let alone understand them but I bet my bottom dollar even if they have even the slightest awareness they will tick the same boxes as the contractors who focus heavily on them. Wanna be contractor syndrome. Hard for people to admit they don't know important stuff as well.

I also bet most of the contractors that post on here are not a good cross section of reality. Hope you can advertise where those that don't know about the forums and the like can have a go.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by prozak View Post
            As with many surveys, yes they do assume, and they are there to answer specific dissertation questions not cover the full subject matter.

If i based on no assumptions i would have to go for qualitative response, which would require much more that little old me to analyse and process.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I filled it in. I would be interested to see the results but as we know from here not everyone knows IR35 and BET let alone understand them but I bet my bottom dollar even if they have even the slightest awareness they will tick the same boxes as the contractors who focus heavily on them. Wanna be contractor syndrome. Hard for people to admit they don't know important stuff as well.

I also bet most of the contractors that post on here are not a good cross section of reality. Hope you can advertise where those that don't know about the forums and the like can have a go.
              Using linkedin and contacts on there. lame i know, but like you said I was aiming to capture different knowledge. Also never got a response from PCG when i asked them several months ago if i could put something on their site... I'm also going to run a few phone interviews, that way i can investigate just what knowledge people have by asking "please explain..."

Happy to share any data i collect.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
                Did you add that in the "other" box? reworded to: "Would you change the way your company is structured to protect yourself from BET and IR35? (e.g. Move to umbrella, Perm, etc)".

All feedback welcome!
                Right OK.

But now my response is invalid. As i would say No to that question.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
                  Using linkedin and contacts on there. lame i know, but like you said I was aiming to capture different knowledge. Also never got a response from PCG when i asked them several months ago if i could put something on their site... I'm also going to run a few phone interviews, that way i can investigate just what knowledge people have by asking "please explain..."

Happy to share any data i collect.
                  I was going to say "Ask the PCG", but I can see several reasons why they wouldn't want to put an external survey on their website (not least because it is a beast of a site to change).

I'll pass on the link though - you may get some interesting feedback from the membership. Although I won't say "IT contractors" too loudly, 60% of the PCG aren't in IT...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Done. I also would be interested in the results.

Comment

Working...
                    X