• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bedouin Tax Solutions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    So if you are an employee and they operate a trust scheme one must logically assume that they are operating an employee benefit trust
    It's probably more likely that it's a loan direct from the company. It's what most companies who are still offering employed solutions are doing. Either way the poster involved should know.

Comment

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
      It's probably more likely that it's a loan direct from the company. It's what most companies who are still offering employed solutions are doing. Either way the poster involved should know.
      So you don't operate an EBT, its a loan direct to your "employees"?

Comment

Originally posted by thebear14 View Post
        So you don't operate an EBT, its a loan direct to your "employees"?
        We don't operate an employee based scheme at all. But anyway, we were talking about you and the scheme you signed up to.

Comment

We don't operate an employee based scheme at all. But anyway, we were talking about you and the scheme you signed up to.
          Yep, and it's been well documented on this thread that joining said scheme was far from my finest hour. Still, bigger losses at sea

Comment

Yep, and it's been well documented on this thread that joining said scheme was far from my finest hour. Still, bigger losses at sea
            I just find it odd that you don't appear to know the means by which Bedouin have been paying you for the last 6 months. And that rather than trying to find out, you've joined CUK to start a thread about EBTs, which may or may not be the way that they've been paying you. It's just looks a little bit peculiar.

Comment

I just find it odd that you don't appear to know the means by which Bedouin have been paying you for the last 6 months. And that rather than trying to find out, you've joined CUK to start a thread about EBTs, which may or may not be the way that they've been paying you. It's just looks a little bit peculiar.
              "Start a thread"? I think you mean ask a question and just to illustrate how much a pleasure Bedouin are to deal with this is the response I got when I asked for some tax information "Can you please confirm why you require this information?". So you'll forgive me if I've burdened you by starting this thread however at no point was I aware I specifically asked for your 2 bob's worth. Cheers

Comment

"Start a thread"? I think you mean ask a question and just to illustrate how much a pleasure Bedouin are to deal with this is the response I got when I asked for some tax information "Can you please confirm why you require this information?". So you'll forgive me if I've burdened you by starting this thread however at no point was I aware I specifically asked for your 2 bob's worth. Cheers

You are not going to get a real understanding of other users satisfaction of working for Bedouin or information on how it operates on a public forum. Past and Present users of such schemes tend be under some form of NDA including yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by prozak View Post
                  Jeesus effing Christ.

All that risk and only 81%

you can achieve 76% by going limited FFS! Nothing fancy. Just expenses and dividends.

Edumicate yourself before I slap you!

Contractor Calculator - Your Expert Guide to Contracting. For UK Contractors, Freelancers, and Consultants

Your Details Rate £250
                  Rate Type Daily
                  Hours per week
                  Days per week 5
                  Weeks per year 44
                  Salary £8,000
                  Legitimate section 98 expenses £3,000
                  Pension contributions £0
                  Other income £0
                  Tax code 810L
                  Dividend percentage 100%
                  Personal Income Net Annual Income £42,066
                  Net Monthly Income £3,505
                  Sorry, how does this work? I am a financial trader currently trading my own account, making a lot of money and looking to trade as a limited company to save tax. I spoke to an accountant about this just this week and he was of the opinion that my expectations for how much tax I can save are are unrealistic. I was thinking, tax on dividends is low so I save loads of tax but he pointed out to me that the company first has to pay corporation tax on the profits (what's that these days? 20-25%?) and then I pay cgt (20-25%?) on the divis that are paid to me. I can't see any mention of paying corporation tax on the limited company's profits in your figures. What am I missing? Surely when a contractor has a ltd co., the co. is paid, expenses are taken off, there's a huge amount of net profit and the co. has to pay tax on the profits before any divis are paid out?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    My advice would be exit the scheme immediatley, go and see an accountant and get your tax affairs in order. You´ve lost the fees but you don´t want a loan, you want your income in your bank account.

I find it sad that people still recommend irresponsible tax schemes.
                    And I find it amazing that people still sign up to irresponsible tax schemes, even when the facts are staring them in the face.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cheesy View Post
                      Sorry, how does this work? I am a financial trader currently trading my own account, making a lot of money and looking to trade as a limited company to save tax. I spoke to an accountant about this just this week and he was of the opinion that my expectations for how much tax I can save are are unrealistic. I was thinking, tax on dividends is low so I save loads of tax but he pointed out to me that the company first has to pay corporation tax on the profits (what's that these days? 20-25%?) and then I pay cgt (20-25%?) on the divis that are paid to me. I can't see any mention of paying corporation tax on the limited company's profits in your figures. What am I missing? Surely when a contractor has a ltd co., the co. is paid, expenses are taken off, there's a huge amount of net profit and the co. has to pay tax on the profits before any divis are paid out?
                      Your accountant is probably talking about the differences in taxation between a trading company and an investment company. There are several differences.

Comment

Working...
                      X