• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Real Time Information (RTI) Payroll Changes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gaz_M View Post
    Had email from SJD and they are recommending an annual salary payment starting in March 2014. Not much use to me to have to wait until then for a salary I am more than entitled to.
    I did not get that email, is there anything unusual about the way you arrange things?
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

More info. in this recent thread:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...s-payroll.html

Comment

Yep, all sorted.

Paying monthly on 14th, or first working day after that.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
          I did not get that email, is there anything unusual about the way you arrange things?
          Had reply from SJD and I can continue to pay myself monthly

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz_M View Post
            Had reply from SJD and I can continue to pay myself monthly
            I've had the email form SJD suggesting I pay myself a fiull years salary in March 2014!!

Gaz_M

How did you get them to revert back to Monthly?

Comment

Originally posted by rufusTfirefly View Post
              Have you tried reminding them that you are the client, paying them for their services?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by rufusTfirefly View Post
                I've had the email form SJD suggesting I pay myself a fiull years salary in March 2014!!

Gaz_M

Speak to your accountant, we're more than happy to discuss this. Most clients don't require a monthly salary hence our recommendation for annual. It’s not mandatory.
                http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dan-moss/18/18/105

Comment

Baffling.

From 6th April you must send an RTI submission every month even if you don't pay yourself. If you're paying yourself annually you (or your accountant) still need to make monthly RTI submissions.

If you're going to the trouble of submitting a return why not pay a monthly salary too, if that's how you prefer to manage your finances?

It's also been highlighted on this thread that there's mis-information circulating that RTI won't be coming in until October. That's pure fiction too - everyone running a PAYE scheme needs to start making monthly RTI submissions from 6th April.
                  Insightful accountancy for contractors | Find us on Facebook | Follow @inniaccounts

Comment

Originally posted by inniAccounts View Post
                    Baffling.

From 6th April you must send an RTI submission every month even if you don't pay yourself. If you're paying yourself annually you (or your accountant) still need to make monthly RTI submissions.

If you're going to the trouble of submitting a return why not pay a monthly salary too, if that's how you prefer to manage your finances?

It's also been highlighted on this thread that there's mis-information circulating that RTI won't be coming in until October. That's pure fiction too - everyone running a PAYE scheme needs to start making monthly RTI submissions from 6th April.
                    It seems as though there has been, and continues to be, a good deal of confusion surrounding what will happen. For example, my understanding, confirmed by my accountant, is that PAYE nil will still have to be submitted separately from submissions about any payments to "employees" (RTI) and that the RTI requirement has indeed been deferred to October, even though the recommendation is to comply from April (not a concern for me, as I will comply from April).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      It seems as though there has been, and continues to be, a good deal of confusion surrounding what will happen. For example, my understanding, confirmed by my accountant, is that PAYE nil will still have to be submitted separately from submissions about any payments to "employees" (RTI) and that the RTI requirement has indeed been deferred to October, even though the recommendation is to comply from April (not a concern for me, as I will comply from April).

If you pay your employees during a tax month you'll need to send the details of the payments via RTI by 5th of the month (i.e. the last day of the tax month). (If you want to look at the details this is called an FPS RTI submission).

If you don't pay your employees during a month (or in a quarter if you make quarterly PAYE payments) you'll still need to send a submission via RTI, saying that you haven't paid anyone. This is replacing the current NIL return process. (EPS RTI submission).

Both of these submissions need to be made electronically.

RTI reporting has relaxed, but you can't get out of it completely. See the thread I linked to previously.
                      Insightful accountancy for contractors | Find us on Facebook | Follow @inniaccounts

Comment

Working...
                      X