• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Xmas Party - Ltd co sole employee / director

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Every year I mean to take advantage of this and take the wife to a nice restaurant as our "Xmas party", every year I can't be bothered to claim it back.

Maybe I should pay the bill on the company card in the first place?
    If it was me I'd get it claimed but would 'forget' to tell her that it's on the company!!

Comment

Originally posted by Craig at Nixon Williams View Post
      If it was me I'd get it claimed but would 'forget' to tell her that it's on the company!!
      He would actually do this!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin at NixonWilliams View Post
        He would actually do this!
        It's a good job she doesn't come on CUK isn't it...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig at Nixon Williams View Post
          And there was me thinking you were a fine upstanding accountant and a pillar of the community!!

Wish my accountant gave me advice like this!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Every year I mean to take advantage of this and take the wife to a nice restaurant as our "Xmas party", every year I can't be bothered to claim it back.

Maybe I should pay the bill on the company card in the first place?
            Maybe you should. It has to be company expenditure, not expenses.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Ah, good point. Already paid the hotel on my card.

Comment

2 seats in the corporates for one of the christmas fixtures usually does for me.
                Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  If you can get the supplier to accept that it's a business transaction and invoice YourCo then the payment card shouldn't technically matter as its then just treated as the employee paying something on the company's behalf and you can be reimbursed without any tax/NI/P11d implications but...

...yes, try and keep company expenditure on company cards wherever possible. It's just good common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
                    2 seats in the corporates for one of the christmas fixtures usually does for me.
                    I didn't know corporate hospitality was an allowable expense, christmas party, or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by GazCol View Post
                      I didn't know corporate hospitality was an allowable expense, christmas party, or otherwise.
                      The Xmas party is like an 'anything goes' rule - just don't exceed the thresholds discussed in this thread, and the entire amount remains tax deductible for the company with no P11D costs on the employees.
                      2012 CUK Reader Awards - '...Capital City Accountancy, all of whom were outside the top three yet still won compliments from CUK readers for their services' - well, its not an award, but we'll take it! - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
                      2011 CUK Reader Awards - Top 3 - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
                      || Check us out at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/capi...ccountancy-ltd

Comment

Working...
                      X