• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving SJD Accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also leaving SJD

Originally posted by ravenscroft View Post
    I've decide to leave anyway. Just as I did got the email that my Accountant was leaving.
    They are trying to file my accounts - but cannot confirm filed.
    Totally incompetent - not waiting for my year end.
    They have some serious issues that need sorting
    I'm having very similar issues with SJD. They used to be very good but have gone downhill over the past couple of years. My latest accountant (3rd in 3 years) has also just left. I have very little confidence that I'm being looked after anymore, meanwhile the fee is very high. Have you decided where you are going yet?

Comment

SJD

I left SJD after 12 years after their service deteriorated. There are better (and cheaper) alternatives out there. My current accountant uses Freeagent which I think is fantastic.
      I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitkatgirl View Post
        I'm having very similar issues with SJD. They used to be very good but have gone downhill over the past couple of years. My latest accountant (3rd in 3 years) has also just left. I have very little confidence that I'm being looked after anymore, meanwhile the fee is very high. Have you decided where you are going yet?
        Yes I am in the process of going to Dolan Accontancy. Very helpful so far - but we are dealing with the mess/incompetance of SJD.
        I didn't wait for year end - just went straight to them and entered details into FreeAgent - which is very good.
        I tried the SJD software - but it was awful so used their spreadsheet.
        At the moment SJD still did a RTI submission when they should have stopped which made my Month 2 Tax double what it should be, also triggereing wrong Tax notices - which all means I have just got off the phone to HMRC to try to correct - getting bounced around.
        I suspect that behind the scenes SJD are in a mess
        Yep with SJD for 10 years last 3 awful and lots of changes of accountant.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenscroft View Post
          Yes I am in the process of going to Dolan Accontancy. Very helpful so far - but we are dealing with the mess/incompetance of SJD.
          I didn't wait for year end - just went straight to them and entered details into FreeAgent - which is very good.
          I tried the SJD software - but it was awful so used their spreadsheet.
          At the moment SJD still did a RTI submission when they should have stopped which made my Month 2 Tax double what it should be, also triggereing wrong Tax notices - which all means I have just got off the phone to HMRC to try to correct - getting bounced around.
          I suspect that behind the scenes SJD are in a mess
          Yep with SJD for 10 years last 3 awful and lots of changes of accountant.
          That's funny, happened to me too, after leaving them at tax year end. Took us several months to straighten that one out. Clearly they haven't learned anything...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

SJD

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            That's funny, happened to me too, after leaving them at tax year end. Took us several months to straighten that one out. Clearly they haven't learned anything...
            Yep, you weren't the only one.....had a similar issue with a couple others as well as yours @Malvolio . The payroll processing team appeared to be in a different location from what I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren at Fox-Bartfield View Post
              Yep, you weren't the only one.....had a similar issue with a couple others as well as yours @Malvolio . The payroll processing team appeared to be in a different location from what I recall.
              Payroll non-processing team more like. SJD used to supply at the beginning of every personal year a statement for PAYE and Salary. They don't do that anymore so you cannot 'see' ahead what your payments are until after the submission.
              I sent them multiple emails/phone calls - please cancel RTI submissions - also reminding them that I am no longer a client and yet they have continued.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren at Fox-Bartfield View Post
                We've had a few now. All fun trying to speak to HMRC and get resolved.
                Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Originally posted by DolanAccountancyJames View Post
                  Us too!

Then the fun of having to file an EYU through Basic Tools to fix it
                  We're all ears!

Comment

I'm also in the process of leaving them after 11 years. In the last 2 years I've had multiple changes in accountants and lapses in service which have become too regular for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by DolanAccountancyJames View Post
                      We had two recent occasions where they have missed to claim the employment allowance for clients who did qualify so another thing worth checking...

Comment

Working...
                      X