• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Robocopy Scripts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robocopy Scripts

I have a client that want their data copied from a NAS to SharePoint but they want to keep the original time stamps.

The script I used was:

robocopy "Z:\Market Data" "Y:\MarketData /E /B /Z /copyAT /R:1 /W:1 /V /X /FFT /log:"c:\Users\MH\Temp\SharepointLog.txt

But when looking at the data in a mapped drive to SharePoint it has today's date?

any Ideas?

note: = : D with out space

If your command line is executed exactly as shown then I think the placement of the final " is effectively disabling all the parameters supplied to the command as they may be considered as part of the target name.

Comment

Yeah, I'm surprised it ran at all with the quotemarks where they are.

Comment

sorry it was :

robocopy "Z:\Market Data" "Y:\MarketData" /E /B /Z /copyAT /R:1 /W:1 /V /X /FFT /log:"c:\Users\MH\Temp\SharepointLog.txt"

Comment

Is it folders that have the wrong time, if so you need /DCOPYAT, but other than that I'd expect it to work. There is a /TIMFIX option which you could look at?

Comment

Quotes aside, the only potential issues i see with it are:

/COPY: DAT is redundant as this is the default behavior /Z and /B are mutually exclusive as far as i know

Some NAS devices are a bit flaky when it comes to file attributes, you might want to check the script with different source/destinations to verify it.

Comment

The Date Created is fine Its the Date modified that they want to preserve.

Comment

/COPY: DAT (or no /COPY specified) preserves the Date modified. Used it bazzilion times, if the "Date modified" is not preserved it's not Robocopy fault most likely.

Like i said, i have had a weird issues with preserving file attributes (not dates in particular, but rather ACLs and /A /H flags) when using robocopy to move files to/from NAS devices. In one case we had to use an EMC CLI tool similar to Robocopy to get the job done. So this is definitely something worth looking into. Just try copying the same data between 2 Windows boxes and see if the Dates are preserved with the same Robocopy script.

Comment

Are the file systems the same on each?

Comment

they are the same

Comment

Working...
                    X