• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And then there were none. RIP Tommy Ramone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And then there were none. RIP Tommy Ramone

BBC News - Ramones punk band founder Tommy dies, aged 62

This makes I glum
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

The drummer passed away in hospice care on Friday following treatment for bile duct cancer
    Bloody hell. Is nowhere safe?

The act disbanded in 1996 after two decades of relentless touring.
    Probably didn't help himself there though. Sad news. RIP

Comment

MrsQH, listening to The Ramones on some US tv show or movie: "Pah, it's been done all that."

Me: "Well not really. It's The Ramones."

MrsQH: It has, it's been done before that type of music."

Me: "Well it hasn't. The Ramones are defined as creating Punk Rock, when they formed in 1974."

There's gonna be some gig in the afterlife tonight.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Quite possibly the greatest band ever. I first saw them at the following concert (can you spot me?) and numerous times following that. If you're ever in Berlin a visit to the Ramones museum is worth a visit: RAMONES MUSEUM & BAR BERLIN

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I guess there's now no chance of them writing that second song. They really made Status Quo look varied.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Dreadful music, dreadful life expectancy.

Comment

Never bought into the punk thing, preferred bands who actually had musicians that could play.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

I quite enjoyed the punk era because it brought some energy into the mainstream which was pretty crud at the time.

A local pub had lots of punk bands on, some good, some bad. If they were good you enjoyed it, if not the beer was good and so were the pool tables.

Watching the punk elements of the audience you got the feeling you were watching a rehearsal for the Muppet Show
                Last edited by Sysman; 12 July 2014, 21:42.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  Never bought into the punk thing, preferred bands who actually had musicians that could play.
                  Tut, next you'll be saying you want artists who can actually draw.

Comment

I like punk - I find listening at work quite cathartic.

Comment

Working...
                    X