• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London property

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London property

You'd be crazy to buy a home right now - Telegraph

Each time I hear that stuff, most years since 1992, I wonder if this will be the time the crash finally comes.

I can't see it happening for at least 10+ years. House price crash would finish the economy - government will never let it happen.

If the EU will put sanctions in place against the Russian olichargs, property values on the high end may suddenly drop a lot, which then may trickle down into the "cheaper" London properties

Comment

I was looking through the Sunday Times property section yesterday, 12 fookin million for a terraced house, 15 million for a flat. Jesus.

Comment

London property market based on people pretending grim places are great

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          If the EU will put sanctions in place against the Russian olichargs, property values on the high end may suddenly drop a lot, which then may trickle down into the "cheaper" London properties
          Nah there are still the Arabs and the Chinese who buy properties and let them crumble......
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

London is just one cog in a global property bubble engineered by governments and international banks to generate funds in order to recapitalise.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

For once 'the mash' is actually funny.

I guess it's written by bitter and twisted Londoners anyway

Comment

Depends entirely on what the Bank of England does with interest rates.

It's pretty obvious to me that any tightening will result in a crash, but i'm not convinced they're going to go through with it.

Comment

+1

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Nah there are still the Arabs and the Chinese who buy properties and let them crumble......
                  Chinese like to buy them and keep them unrented. They believe living in them reduces the value.

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
                  Depends entirely on what the Bank of England does with interest rates.

It's pretty obvious to me that any tightening will result in a crash, but i'm not convinced they're going to go through with it.
                  I think interest rates are almost irrelevant. Its availabilty of cash buyers and credit that makes a bigger difference.

Comment

As long as central banks keep pumping billions into the system and keep rates ultra low then London property will keep going up. If and when this stops it'll come down. Rates need to go MUCH higher to bring prices down. What's currently being disused is 2.5% over the next 5 years. Sorry but that won't make a dent in property prices.

Comment

Working...
                    X