• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you know any company providing international/inheritance tax advice, accountancy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know any company providing international/inheritance tax advice, accountancy?

Hello,

I've had 2 accountants specialized in contractors in the past and the service they've been mainly providing is bookkeeping and tax returns preparation.

I've now got more specific doubts about investment companies, efficient business structures from an inheritance point of view, non-domicile tax questions, etc and I think the current accountancy company have not dealt with many cases in the past.

Do you know of any good accountant or group which covers more areas? Maybe a group which have like international tax advisers as well as accountants in-house? And if possible who charge a monthly flat-fee so that you can understand different possibilities without having to pay for a different service each time?

Thanks!!

Hi guys,

If you don't know of any company which provides accountancy + international and inheritance tax advice, how do you deal with those subjects? I suppose that the international part doesn't apply to all (although quite a lot of people seem to be retiring abroad nowadays) but the Inheritance tax is something that we'll apply to all of us and nearby families. Are you thinking about this just yet or is it something to sort out later on?

And if you're dealing with this now, any company you could recommend with a good service?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mickael28 View Post
      Hi guys,

how do you deal with those subjects?

Thanks!
      Just simply use google, and call a few accountants (in your local area, if necessary) for a consultation. Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by JB3000 View Post
        Just simply use google, and call a few accountants (in your local area, if necessary) for a consultation. Simples.
        My current accountant says they're authorised tax advisers and provide personal tax planning and inheritance tax advice on their website, with complete pages dedicated to the subject, but when you try to get any information about those areas they say they can refer you to a different 3rd party tax provider, which kind of misleads customers at best.

The point of asking for satisfied customers is that some people say they provide whatever service but they don't, so not so simple mate.

If anyone's happy with the service they receive from someone around those areas, please just let me know to have a starting point...

Ta

Comment

Originally posted by mickael28 View Post
          My current accountant says they're authorised tax advisers and provide personal tax planning and inheritance tax advice on their website,
          Ta
          That's why I said CALL the accountants that come out of a google search for inheritance tax advice (rather than just relying on the website) and schedule in a meeting with the inheritance tax advisor. It really is very simple.

You can lead a horse to water..........................

Comment

Working...
          X