• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payments through Ldt company when contracting abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payments through Ldt company when contracting abroad

Hi All,

Is it allowed to work for a contract in different EU country(not the UK) and receive remuneration through contractor's own Ltd company, registered in the UK? And pay corporation tax in the UK?

I always believed that - yes.

But one recruiter has told me that there is some regulation that requires to pay tax in the same country where the contractor work and offers kind of umbrella company service with eventual deductions of 48%.

I am surprised....

Or is it just an attempt to sell their service?

Regards,

Wrong place to post this thread.

In general you pay tax and any social taxes in the country you work in.

Some countries this has to be from day 1 while other countries give you some leeway if your contract is anything from 10-182 days.

Also some countries don't recognise the UK small limited country structure.

To sum up you need to find out each countries rules on tax and social taxes when you are thinking of accepting the contract. Lots of countries do put their tax regulations for foreigners in English.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The first question you should ask.

1) Which country am I spending more time in?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Wrong place to post this thread.
        Sorry, which place is better?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          The first question you should ask.

1) Which country am I spending more time in?
          Well, I am between contracts at my home country (not the UK) and potential contract is in Holland for 4 month.

So I will not be tax resident there.

Comment

Originally posted by enteruk View Post
            So I will not be tax resident there.
            That's not your decision. The country you're working in decides whether or not you're liable.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Accounting/Legal

Posting in a forum that is labelled "All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously." is asking for trouble.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

This one.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Mumsnet.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

enteruk, go find out when and how one becomes tax resident in Holland. Find out if your country has any double taxation avoidance agreement with Holland, read it and see what it says. Then, you will (hopefully) know what and when will happen, how many days until tax resident, what kind of income is taxed etc. I can only say the rumour has it dutch tax officials come right after german in terms of efficiency and persistency

Comment

Working...
                    X