• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good British service WTF

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good British service WTF

It seems like every company I've dealt with recently has been tulip. EE, BT, BUPA, Next, Builders with quotes the list goes on... They all seem to be pretty good at providing crap service, EE being the worst.

So, I feared the worst when my washing packed up and I ordered a new one from boots. I was expecting the usual work men type to huff and puff and complain about access, not having disconnected my old washer, the tight fit for the washing machine you name it.

Instead, two lads turned up early, didn't block the road, didn't need me to move both cars off the drive. Didn't huff and puff, just got on and disconnected the old washing machine, put the new one in, bit of tight squeeze but no grumbling just got on with it. Did a test, took pictures of the any bits they had to fit. Had a nice chat about coffee and what time they worked from and to, then they left.

My faith in British customer service has been restored, god bless the queen and her slacker twat of a son Charles.

Hope you gave them a drink (£20 min) for their efforts
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

they were Polish then?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Hope you gave them a drink (£20 min) for their efforts
        I paid £20 extra to have it fitted and a bit more for next day delivery. So reckon the two nice cups of coffee I made them was enough.

Probably on a delivery men forum somewhere, there are two lads complaining about how stingy the great British public are with their tips.

Comment

Somewhat shocked

A
          Don't you leave all that sort of stuff to your valet?

/contractor_lifestyle
          I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            I paid £20 extra to have it fitted and a bit more for next day delivery. So reckon the two nice cups of coffee I made them was enough.

Probably on a delivery men forums somewhere there are two lads complaining about how stingy the great British public are with their tips.
            Always wonder why we tip the pizza delivery guy (assuming you do too) but never any delivery chaps who have to man handle heavy goods etc - we earn so much in comparison to the working class - just nice to spread it around a bit especially for good service
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
              Don't you leave all that sort of stuff to your valet?

/contractor_lifestyle
              Wish I could but I'm a contractor Valet and have to look after my project manager contractor client. He is prince qualified an everything so he is proper wealthy. He likes me to call him m'lord.

Comment

Always wonder why we tip the pizza delivery guy (assuming you do too) but never any delivery chaps who have to man handle heavy goods etc - we earn so much in comparison to the working class - just nice to spread it around a bit especially for good service
                I think your right, feeling a little guilty about it now, quick to complain but slow to reward.

Comment

I always tip the pizza guy so I'm first on his run the next time I get a delivery, doesn't really apply to a one-off purchase!
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    I think your right, feeling a little guilty about it now, quick to complain but slow to reward.
                    But is it right to reward someone just for doing their job properly?
                    So someone comes to your property to install the new washing machine they should
                    a) Turn up when expected
                    b) Not moan about having to work for a living
                    c) Do the best job they can.
                    d) be polite and courteous

In return they should expect
                    a) You to be polite and courteous
                    b) You to listen to reason when things do not go to plan for circumstances outside of anyones control
                    c) You to offer them a cup of tea/coffee.
                    d) You to not complain about things which did not happen to try and get a bit of free money

Comment

Working...
                    X