• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who has experienced reflux ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has experienced reflux ?

Hurts doesn't it ?
    I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Industrial strength GAVISCON EXTRA

Works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Clownio
      Hurts doesn't it ?

Like a bastard. Of to the quacks tommorow to get it sorted properly I hope after 10 years of remission and relapse.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Had extreme indigestion, but was diagnosed with stomach ulcer!!!

Had to have a camera shoved down me throat. Nice peeps gave me a choice of being knocked out while they did it, or wide awake. I went for the awake option! Never again...

After all that, was told there was no ulcer, but it was 'as bad a case of indigestion I have ever seen' said the Doc.

The ruddy pain kept me up for several nights too!

Comment

Originally posted by premiere
          Had extreme indigestion, but was diagnosed with stomach ulcer!!!

Had to have a camera shoved down me throat. Nice peeps gave me a choice of being knocked out while they did it, or wide awake. I went for the awake option! Never again...

After all that, was told there was no ulcer, but it was 'as bad a case of indigestion I have ever seen' said the Doc.

The ruddy pain kept me up for several nights too!

You fool! If it had been reflux, they would have shoved the camera up your cock!

Now how would that compare?

Comment

Reflux

I get bad reflux at times, seems to come and go fro no apparent reason. Try not to use meds as I think they may disrupt the natural ph of the gut.

When it get really bad its scary, feels like a fricken heart attack.

I also got given the camera deal and was left with an admiration for any girl who can deepthroat.

Needless to say they found nothing wrong.

Not really sure what causes it though, think its a combo of stress, coffee and too much boozing.
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
              I get bad reflux at times, seems to come and go fro no apparent reason. Try not to use meds as I think they may disrupt the natural ph of the gut.

When it get really bad its scary, feels like a fricken heart attack.

I also got given the camera deal and was left with an admiration for any girl who can deepthroat.

Needless to say they found nothing wrong.

Not really sure what causes it though, think its a combo of stress, coffee and too much boozing.

Stress, coffee, smoking, alchohol - especially spirits, spicy food, physical exertion, bad posture while eating. It can also be caused by an infection with Heliobacter Pylori.

It causes a rise in the levels of acid in the stomach and production of excess stomach gasses. This is what makes you belch when you get an attack and thats when the acid escapes into the aesophagus. The medication corrects the acid levels in your gut and helps disperse the gas. I find I often belch a lot for about 20 mins after taking it with no reflux and then I'm fine again till the meds wear off.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Lasoprazole - http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...r/a695020.html

Mrs Bob takes them for her hiatus hernia and the pills look like elephant tranquilizers. They're industrial strength antacids.
                Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

So

Its not just me then.....

I dont feel special anymore. Should I rephrase it..... Does anybody NOT get this sh1t?
                  There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Suffered for years, got tested for H Pylori - negative, went through 2 packs of Rennies per day. Finally got a wee pill from the doc, one a day and I can eat what I want anytime.

Don't suffer, get it sorted.

It also helps prevent hangovers too...
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X