• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hillsborough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hillsborough

Kudos to the reporter for daring to say it...

BBC News - Hillsborough disaster deaths 'caused by late fans'

I hope he is offered witness protection.

Comment

you have to be sad its so controversial to say people storming the gates to get in free were a major part of the issue.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        you have to be sad its so controversial to say people storming the gates to get in free were a major part of the issue.
        The Liverpudlians are a very loyal bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          "I just kept my foot on the pedal and I got them through."
          It's his excuse for not doing his job properly.

Then again putting a 19 year old on a turnstile with no back up is tulip poor management.......
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            It's his excuse for not doing his job properly.

Then again putting a 19 year old on a turnstile with no back up is tulip poor management.......

So was the non-existent SYP crowd control.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I remember being in a cramped Burnden Park in about 1976/7, League Cup Semi Wanderers vs Everton, utterly packed, 50,413 (engrained on my mind) all ticket, couldn't move, hardly any police, hardly any stewards, no trouble, no crowd control.

If there we no police/crowd control at all at Hillsborough what would have happened?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Kudos to the reporter for daring to say it...

BBC News - Hillsborough disaster deaths 'caused by late fans'
                Late fans? That's bollocks! Fans with no intention of paying who thought they could steamroll the turnstiles is more accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Late fans? That's bollocks! Fans with no intention of paying who thought they could steamroll the turnstiles is more accurate.
                  <cough>
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    <cough>
                    <cough> to you too.

The loveable scouse scally is a thing of fiction. You should know that.

Comment

Working...
                    X