• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not for those with vertigo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not for those with vertigo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_IQS3VKjA

Barking mad, but an impressive athlete

Comment

Parts of that video are fake... and badly done.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Parts of that video are fake... and badly done.
        And which parts would those be then?

The fact that you find it hard to believe doesn't mean it wasn't real.

Macaskill is perfectly capable of doing everything in that video and more and none of his videos are faked.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          And which parts would those be then?

The fact that you find it hard to believe doesn't mean it wasn't real.

Macaskill is perfectly capable of doing everything in that video and more and none of his videos are faked.
          I looked at it again, this time in HD in slow motion; it appears to be bad editing rather than part fake
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Like the photography of the drop either side of the ridge whilst cycling down the peak.

Further down can see the search & rescue looking for the soft southerners falling over a pebble.
            Last edited by scooterscot; 6 October 2014, 21:12.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I wouldn't have thought that possible, the back flick at the end, wow.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                “Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
                ― Albert Einstein
                Do you not have some tapes to change? Leave the thinking to the rest of us.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Check out some of his other stuff, The Way Back Home was his first. The things that guy can do on a bike defy belief. If you like that stuff then take a look at Road Bike Party 1 and 2 as well.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I cant help thinking that a lot of that would have been so much easier if he hadn't been hauling a bike with him
                    World's Best Martini

Comment

Working...
                    X