• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Onshore Employment legislation- Recruiters hesistant to engage with contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onshore Employment legislation- Recruiters hesistant to engage with contractors

Research shows since new legislation on Onshore Employment came into force, recruiters are not happy using self-employed workers. Contractors/Locums, what is your say? Are you struggling to find work?

You won't find many self-employed workers around here.

Comment

Locumsumbrella - might I suggest some Google adwords.

If I type your name into Google, the first hit I get is a paid-for advert from someone else, offering 90% take home pay
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Locumsumbrella View Post
        Research shows since new legislation on Onshore Employment came into force, recruiters are not happy using self-employed workers. Contractors/Locums, what is your say? Are you struggling to find work?
        Nope, whenever I finish a contract, I just spam contractor forums. Works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Locumsumbrella - might I suggest some Google adwords.

If I type your name into Google, the first hit I get is a paid-for advert from someone else, offering 90% take home pay
          Yeah, I thought the same thing. Their actual website is fine, but it's not ideal having a dodgy outfit as the first ad. in Google.

Comment

Originally posted by Locumsumbrella View Post
            welcome - all the guys on here are Ltd Co/Umbrella so the new legislation doesn't affect them as it only applies to sole traders
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Nope I am finding plenty of work... Can't speak for the self employed...

I'd kinda worry about using a company that mixes up contractors and self employed in a two sentence post...
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I'd kinda worry about using a company that mixes up contractors and self employed in a two sentence post...
                Although it seems to be rapidly becoming the fashion. Perhaps it is a new initiative of the OTS. Simplify the customers, complexity then becomes irrelevant.

Comment

Thanks – sorry if my post was a bit confusing – we are just trying to get some background on what effect all the legislation changes are having – appreciate the users of this forum are contractors but thought you might have some idea of what is happening to the self employed – if this research is right. Guess we were wrong so sorry.

Comment

You shouldn't worry - you can be a self-employed contractor, so there is no mix up. The vast, vast majority of CUK users, however, operate either via an umbrella or their own limited company because we use agencies who will not deal with the self-employed.

That doesn't mean that there aren't self-employed contractors, though.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X