• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How would YOU rate him

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would YOU rate him

Tiberious was a reasonable name for a Roman and a star ship captain, but how do you rate Tiberius as a Roman empora?
    Do you think Augustus or Nero did a better job ? is Caligula falsly maligned ?
    Have your say ..............

Last edited by EternalOptimist; 9 September 2006, 18:22.
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

I think the best leaders are those that don't actively plot for the job, but history lands them with the role.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      I think the best leaders are those that don't actively plot for the job, but history lands them with the role.
      You mean "cometh the hour, cometh the man" type thingy?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Augustus beats the other 3 hands down. Whupped the pirates, sorted out the constitution, generally put the town on the map and even donated his garden to the people, thereby inventing the National Trust. A diamond feller all round.

Tiberius was happy to be told what to do by Sejanus et al and bogged off to Capri first chance he got. Nero was so self-obsessed he makes Kim Jong Il look positively modest. At least Caligula had some oomph about him and got the army on a strong footing: but he was still a spoiled brat and you wouldn't want him at your birthday party. And if any of them don't like that, they can sue me.

Comment

The best leaders are little blokes, I suppose because they grow up desperate to be as good as big blokes.

They tend to be evil though.

Comment

Working...
          X