• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SIPP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIPP

Can someone please enlighten me on the following

Can i buy foreign shares/stocks with SIPP ?
    How much of a say will i have in managing/investing my SIPP fund ?
    Can i buy a commercial property abroad using my SIPP fund ?

Originally posted by LOCUM View Post
    Can someone please enlighten me on the following

Can i buy foreign shares/stocks with SIPP ?
    How much of a say will i have in managing/investing my SIPP fund ?
    Can i buy a commercial property abroad using my SIPP fund ?
    1. Yes. Depends on what your SIPP provider offers; some may not offer some, or any. Suggest you check with your proposed SIPP provider.
    2. 100%, within the constraints of the law and what a particular SIPP provider offers (e.g. a SIPP is not prevented by law from investing in UK commercial property, but not all SIPP providers offer it).
    3. Don't know. Why not ask a SIPP provider?

Comment

My SIPP provider appears to have a 1% forex conversion charge for doing this.

So 1% when I buy and 1% when I sell. Too much in my opinion.

But if one sees much better value in the long term - 2% is nothing.

Perhaps someone can comment on whether there are any tax/reporting implications of buying foreign shares in SIPP /ISA?

This might be a relevant read over here : How to use CAPE to beat the market and global CAPE values | This is Money

Comment

If buying foreign assets you may also wish to consider shorting the host currency against sterling in order to hedge the implicit long position in that currency.

unless of course you also want, or are at least prepared to accept, the currency risk.

Comment

ANY suggestions ?

For the cheapest SIPP charges if i want to go for ETFs ?

I am looking at investing £20,000

30% IN FTSE 100
          30% IN US INDEX
          30% IN ASIAN EXC JAPAN

What do people think of the distribution for a long term investment.Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

Comment

Try this as a helpful guide to finding ETFs...

Comment

Working...
            X