• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

billing dates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

billing dates

hi,

i'm new to contracting. and got a offer on Aug 21st and joined on Aug 23rd. Pathway suggested me to go with giant and so did i. After 2 weeks i felt they are not very efficient and havent made a payment yet.

So, i opened a Ltd company on 5th September. Can i do all the billing from 23rd Aug into my newly incorporated company ?

Pathway and Giant both said i can change anytime to my Ltd Company.

????
    Viji

It would be down to whatever terms and conditions you agreed to when signing with Pathway and Giant respectively.

However, two weeks is nothing. In your contract with Pathway you will probably have terms of maybe 30 days or more specified. Feel free to negotiate with them, but contractors usually have to wait for a month or two to get their fees unless they are very good at negotiating.

In my opinion you're jumping to conclusions without understanding what you've agreed to, and potentially increasing your costs as you do so.
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by hi_viji
      So, i opened a Ltd company on 5th September. Can i do all the billing from 23rd Aug into my newly incorporated company ?
      I think that's a bit unreasonable. Tell them now you're ditching them, and start from next week. Giant have probably invoiced Pathway for the work from 23rd Aug. Just because you don't have the money doesn't mean the cogs aren't turning.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

thx for u both...
        mailed both pathway and giant foe details..will keep u posted..

Cheers,
        Viji

Comment

I get my weekly the week after :P
          Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Both giant and Pathway agreed with this..
            so, will get a new contract from Pathway now (From Aug 23rd) and will get timesheets signed with my limited company's name (as i didnt fill any timesheers before its very helpful) and ready to go..
            except that i am waiting for A&L back to get back abt my business bank application....

thx
            Viji

Comment

Keep us posted with progress.
              It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Working...
              X