• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Company - Ireland Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Company - Ireland Contract

Hi,

A UK company is paying me the amount for a contract in Ireland which will go more than 6 months.

So, can I invoice and make the proceedings via my UK ltd company or again is there any tax issues or double taxation or any other stuff need to be done for Ireland.

Regards
    Krish

Have you thought of doing a search? If you do one on google it will reveal some interesting threads.

Anyway to paraphrase those threads -

If you work in Eire you need to pay tax in Eire.

The tax regime has changed due to Ireland's economic crisis so you will get screwed by tax.

One final point - don't sign any posts off with your real name.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Have you thought of doing a search? If you do one on google it will reveal some interesting threads.

Anyway to paraphrase those threads -

If you work in Eire you need to pay tax in Eire.

The tax regime has changed due to Ireland's economic crisis so you will get screwed by tax.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

That's some good advice for Krish there, Sue.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          That's some good advice for Krish there, Sue.
          SueEllen and any derivative off ain't my real name.

Comment

SueEllen and any derivative off ain't my real name.
            Of!!! Not off!!

Comment

Even if you are non-resident in Ireland you are still liable for tax in Ireland on any income sourced in Ireland.

Since the source of your contract income was in Ireland, the Irish authorities would have a good argument for charging tax for the first six months, even though you weren't resident.

I would suggest you visit an Irish accountant.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Hi

Thanks for all the replies.

My argument is that my contract is with a local UK company who is going to pay me in GBP and they are putting me in ireland.

The client is paying to the agency and the agency in turn pays to me. Don't you think it should be the agency who should be worried as merely it is me who is just working for the agency where they asked me to go.

It becomes a normal invoice for me now else it will get much more complicated if I start my own company in ireland where i will need to invoice this uk based company.

Comment

Originally posted by anandh79 View Post
                  Hi

Thanks for all the replies.

My argument is that my contract is with a local UK company who is going to pay me in GBP and they are putting me in ireland.

The client is paying to the agency and the agency in turn pays to me. Don't you think it should be the agency who should be worried as merely it is me who is just working for the agency where they asked me to go.

It becomes a normal invoice for me now else it will get much more complicated if I start my own company in ireland where i will need to invoice this uk based company.
                  You can argue what you like.

HMRC is friendly to foreign tax men plus it's not exactly hard for the Irish taxman to find you in the UK........

Comment

if i get paid by irish company or in euros, my options are pretty simple that i need to go via umberlla company in ireland or set up limited company there.

It is more of since I am paid in GBP by UK company, I am confused how that will be treated again while opening company in ireland.

You can argue what you like.

HMRC is friendly to foreign tax men plus it's not exactly hard for the Irish taxman to find you in the UK........

Comment

Working...
                    X