• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cough at concerts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cough at concerts

Would you attend a concert if you are coughing/poorly?

BBC News - Renowned violinist berates coughing child

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Would you attend a concert if you are coughing/poorly?

BBC News - Renowned violinist berates coughing child
    maybe she should take a few more years off.

Having a go at A mobile I could understand but a coughing child?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

well there is nothing more annoying than trying to watch/listen to something and have some making regular distracting noises

in general yes the child and/or the parents should have though that it was a bad idea to inflict their noise on other people so it is a bit rude.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        well there is nothing more annoying than trying to watch/listen to something and have some making regular distracting noises

in general yes the child and/or the parents should have though that it was a bad idea to inflict their noise on other people so it is a bit rude.
        +1. Leave the kids in the garage if you are going to a concert, or in the check-in baggage if you are flying.

HTH

Comment

Went to a talk the other week and had a fit of sneezing. There must be a way to not sneeze.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Went to a talk the other week and had a fit of sneezing. There must be a way to not sneeze.
            Did you manage to keep your eyes open when sneezing?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

This. Im sick of hearing people cough, cough, cough during concerts or in the cinema. Take a bag of throat lozengers and some water if you cannot bear the dry atmosphere in theatres. Seriously, if you cannot go without coughing for 10 minutes, go see the flipping doctor.

I dont pay over a 100 quid per concert to hear someone coughing incessantly.

Obviously not a problem if you're at a crash, bang, wallop concert.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Somehow the performers manage not to cough! Though in the theatre we use, there is strictly no food or drink - including water - permitted in the auditorium. It is permitted back stage though.

You can successfully stifle a sneeze, but the resultant exploding head really doesn't make it worthwhile.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  You can successfully stifle a sneeze, but the resultant exploding head really doesn't make it worthwhile.
                  That really does sound rather rude for some reason
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

If someone is coughing, child or not, they should keep away from the concert.

Alot of cinemas now do autistic performances. Though Mrs BP does not baby BP shout out/run around in case it encourages him for other performances! There are some severely autistic teenagers there - some parents take them out if they are not well behaved which I think is a great pity.

With autistic children, we do our best not to inflict them on other people. So for Christmas carol service we will leave baby bp at Grandmas. But for his first holy communion he will have to attend so everyone else will have to put up with him.

Comment

Working...
                    X