• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Restoring the dissolved company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring the dissolved company

Hi All

Subject: Regarding restoring the dissolved company

Referring to the above, the company is dissolved due to failure to submit the annual return. The scenario is my accountant moved his office to a new location and the letters related to my company was going to old address. I collected the letters in December 2014 last week, which was sent in October 1st week 2014. The letter states that the annual returns of the company has to be done within the 3 months of the notice. I have requested my accountant to look into this and he is the process of restoring the company along with annual returns which he mentioned would take 2-3 weeks. However, I am having some below mentioned queries

1) Has anyone faced such a situation? If yes, please share the details. How many days it took to restore the ltd company
    2) I am unable to take wages since my business account is withheld for any payments. Is there any solution for this?
    3) I have my visa extension pending for March 2015. My accountant suggests, you can’t take the salary for month of December, however I can claim more dividends to show salary points. Kindly let me know your inputs on the best options.
    4) The bank says if I am not able to get back to within 2-3 weeks, they will freeze the account and transfer the funds to treasury. However I have notified them, that my accountant is working on that. I am concerned how they deal with it.Kindly suggest as a director how can I deal with it.
    5) Welcome your additional inputs on this .

Thanks& Regards
    Nam

Can you repost this is General, please?

Comment

No.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        No.
        Ah, c'mon? Pretty please.... for Old Nick's sake?
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

What visa are you on?

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            Ah, c'mon? Pretty please.... for Old Nick's sake?
            You don't know man you weren't there!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by namb View Post
              Hi All

Subject: Regarding restoring the dissolved company

Referring to the above, the company is dissolved due to failure to submit the annual return. The scenario is my accountant moved his office to a new location and the letters related to my company was going to old address. I collected the letters in December 2014 last week, which was sent in October 1st week 2014. The letter states that the annual returns of the company has to be done within the 3 months of the notice. I have requested my accountant to look into this and he is the process of restoring the company along with annual returns which he mentioned would take 2-3 weeks. However, I am having some below mentioned queries

1) Has anyone faced such a situation? If yes, please share the details. How many days it took to restore the ltd company
              2) I am unable to take wages since my business account is withheld for any payments. Is there any solution for this?
              3) I have my visa extension pending for March 2015. My accountant suggests, you can’t take the salary for month of December, however I can claim more dividends to show salary points. Kindly let me know your inputs on the best options.
              4) The bank says if I am not able to get back to within 2-3 weeks, they will freeze the account and transfer the funds to treasury. However I have notified them, that my accountant is working on that. I am concerned how they deal with it.Kindly suggest as a director how can I deal with it.
              5) Welcome your additional inputs on this .

Thanks& Regards
              Nam
              This is not now it works. If Companies House has dissolved your company, part of the process is to notify the bank who are obliged to immediately freeze the funds and to transfer them directly to the Treasury Solicitor.

Your only option is to restore the company (there are several ways to do this) or to petition the Treasury Solicitor directly who may see fit to remimburse the members share (minus the Treasury's costs which are not insignificant) and then ONLY on production of evidence that all statutory obligations (TAX/VAT etc) have been met. This will necessitate a statement to that effect from said organisations.

Comment

An AR01 will need to be completed and returned to Companies house. This is the missing Annual Return.
                Then an RT01 will need to be completed and returned. This is a request to restore the company.
                Then you'll need a Bona Vacantia Letter from the Treasury. This is a request for them to give the money back.
                This will need to go to the bank along with proof that the company has been restored from companies house.
                Then you will be able to get at your funds again.

This should take about a month. And your accountant should be more up to date on this than me.
                "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  You don't know man you weren't there!
                  Oh yes, I was...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
                    An AR01 will need to be completed and returned to Companies house. This is the missing Annual Return.
                    Then an RT01 will need to be completed and returned. This is a request to restore the company.
                    Then you'll need a Bona Vacantia Letter from the Treasury. This is a request for them to give the money back.
                    This will need to go to the bank along with proof that the company has been restored from companies house.
                    Then you will be able to get at your funds again.

This should take about a month. And your accountant should be more up to date on this than me.
                    Hi Nick

Thanks for the inputs. I am trying to get the company restored before the money gets into treasury. Any idea how many days company house takes to acknowledge once AR01 and RT01 is submitted.

Comment

Working...
                    X