• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offset Mortgage for IT contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offset Mortgage for IT contractor

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any IT contractor has applied for "offset mortgage" totally based on daily rate with only one years of accounts.

Any recommendations about the mortgage broker who is willing to submit offset mortgage?

Thanks

I'm sure sure if you do a search someone would have done it before

Comment

Have you seen an offset mortgage deal that your interested in?
      I looked into this a while ago but found that the minimum mortgage amount was so high it rendered the whole thing pointless for me.
      Last edited by Bones; 8 January 2015, 14:01.

Comment

I've applied for BTL and a normal mortgage. Didn't really need an offset as I already have one.

Try ringing Contractor Financials to see what the contractor friendly lenders are offering.

I wouldn't be too hung up on an offset though. A 4% offset with a reasonable sum in can equate to a 2.5% with no offset over a reasonable period and then you can put your savings in something a bit higher rate etc so an offset isn't the golden goose it appears to be.

Keep an open mind and ask for some figures.
        Last edited by Contractor UK; 9 January 2015, 11:59. Reason: Contact Details removed
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by computerguru View Post
          Hi guys,

Just wondering if any IT contractor has applied for "offset mortgage" totally based on daily rate with only one years of accounts.

Any recommendations about the mortgage broker who is willing to submit offset mortgage?

Thanks
          Yes, there are lenders who will lend based upon a multiple of your contract rate and who offer offset mortgages.

A rough idea on rates as follows:

Up to 75% loan to value: 2.79%
          Up to 80% loan to value: 2.99%

Comment

Originally posted by Power Mortgages Ltd View Post
            Yes, there are lenders who will lend based upon a multiple of your contract rate and who offer offset mortgages.

A rough idea on rates as follows:

Up to 75% loan to value: 2.79%
            Up to 80% loan to value: 2.99%
            They are the rates for offsets? Not fixed etc?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              They are the rates for offsets? Not fixed etc?
              Yep, offset mortgage rates for contractors based upon day rate

Comment

I got one with Woolwich/Barclays through Contractor Money a few years ago, I only had one years accounts, but all they needed was the current contract.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
                  I got one with Woolwich/Barclays through Contractor Money a few years ago, I only had one years accounts, but all they needed was the current contract.
                  A few years ago Barclays/Woolwich were a contractor friendly lender and used to allow you to use your contract to prove your income but that stopped in late 2011 unfortunately when their risk department decided that they should no longer assess contractors in this way and they now need Limited Company accounts.

Comment

Just applied for a new BTL

60% LTV with Virgin.
                    Interest Only
                    £995 fee, but you get a £500 cash back (so £445)
                    2.09% 2 Years

Nice.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X