• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You was rejected

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You was rejected

So current contract is coming to a close and a few weeks ago I started looking for the next challenge. Lots of stuff out there for my skillset and chosen location at the moment so I was able to land something pretty quickly and there will be no bench time for me this time round (10 years straight with no bench between contracts - Go Me.) Anyway, in following up with an agent on one of the roles, I dropped them an email that asked for an update as I’d not heard back in a day or so. Here is the reply:

“Unfortunately you was rejected on the role that we sent you for, they was filled with another candidate”

Awesome. Just awesome.
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

Innit, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
      So current contract is coming to a close and a few weeks ago I started looking for the next challenge. Lots of stuff out there for my skillset and chosen location at the moment so I was able to land something pretty quickly and there will be no bench time for me this time round (10 years straight with no bench between contracts - Go Me.) Anyway, in following up with an agent on one of the roles, I dropped them an email that asked for an update as I’d not heard back in a day or so. Here is the reply:

“Unfortunately you was rejected on the role that we sent you for, they was filled with another candidate”

Awesome. Just awesome.
      Should have forwarded it to the client while thanking them for their time, by accident of course

Comment

Are we supposed to be impressed or something?
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

You should send a copy by snail mail to the agency MD.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

what happened to the good old name and shame?

Comment

Name & Shame or it didnt happen..

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                Are we supposed to be impressed or something?
                Impressed by my lack of bench time? If you're not going for the same clients as me then you'd be comparing apples with oranges.
                "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyContractor View Post
                  Name & Shame or it didnt happen..
                  It was Gibbs S3. Apart from that email it wasn't the worst interaction with an agent I've ever had.
                  "See?"

Comment

Barrow-boys in suits. Still, being an agent gives people something to do if they're not able to get into estate agency
                    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                    X